Ebay member Minkia38 AKA Motor City ATV buyer beware

Paulie B

OK I know this is my first post here but I've been a member for a few months.

I learned about this site from E2S. I actually learned about the benefits of a 400ex thumb throttle here not there and that why I have it on my bike now.

Some of you love it some of you hate it- it's whatever I'm not posting to get involved in any forum wars.

I have a Banshee I'm building mostly from donated parts from the guys over there because unlike the Blaster I built the economy and construction trade has me not eat'in like I used to.

This guy has burned me twice with a bait and switch Ebay auction.

He talks and promises one thing then sends junk.

Please don't call me out for copying a pasting this cause I did from a thread on E2S I made.

If you got it good and think I'm gettin all worked up over some cheap parts then yes I am- they aren't cheap to me.

If you think I have some personal vendetta over a person I've never meet then guess again and delete this and kick me out of here.

Here goes:

Lets start with the first item I bought a few months ago.

A banshee cylinder head.

This is the auction description:

You are bidding on a mint Yamaha Banshee engine head. This came off of a newer Banshee that ran perfectly! Head is ready to be installed' date=' this is a factory head, and it will work on any year Banshee 1987 - 2006. There is no pitting on the inside.[/quote']

The picture:

crook.jpg

Looks nice right? You see the word MINT, NEWER?

Well the one I got was a ratty POS that looked beat to death.

I have no pictures of it cause the day I got I actually sandblasted it and later PC'ed it.

I did send him a message about his definition of MINT and NEWER and he said hey it's used and he has 10 more like it so he just used a picture of one of them.

2nd item

A set of axle nuts

Heres the description:

You are bidding on a set of Banshee axle nuts. These are the large nuts that hold the axle and its components together. These will fit any year 1987-2006. Excellent shape' date=' nothing bent or stripped out. Ready to install. [/quote']

Picture:

crook2.jpg

Not bad looking and one of the nicer sets on there that day.

I click the buy it now before I noticed the $12.75 shipping.

OK I'm totally at fault! I figured it was comming UPS or Fed ex.

Fucker sent them USPS in a envelope!!!!

These are what I got:

Some shit that looks like it was drug behind a truck and spray painted silver.

I expected something like the pic, get them and put them on.

I put these on and they will be the shittiest piece on my bike.

P1020011.jpg

If you care to read here's my Banshee build thread that I've put well over a year into with my bare hands.

http://forums.everything2stroke.com/showthread.php?t=40610

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plenty of ppl know how he operates and stays clear of anything he is selling. others are not so luck and will soon learn... sorry to hear about your situation regardless if it was 5 bucks, or 500. sad thing is i have/had both that i would have sent you for the cost of shipping and there is more ppl besides myself that would have done the same. i just sent my last stock head out today for the cost of shipping.

why he is still a sponsor i will never know....

Like phelps said I am not sure why he is still a sponsor. I have never and will never give him any money for anything. In the automotive world he would be considered a butcher. His prices and shipping on a lot of stuff are ridiculous too.

$100+ for a flywheel? Get real.

I bought one from a member here for $60 shipped and it arrived a few days later in perfect shape.

Sorry to hear about this, like Phelps said doesn't matter if its 5 bucks or 500...you still didn't receive what was pictured and to me that's not cool.

Honestly if your looking for specific banshee parts, look in the for sale section or post in the wanted section on here. Most members on here are great people and won't bend you over. You can check members feedback before you buy.

I've never bought anything from Minkia but have heard BAD things about him. Stick with members who you know sell good parts, or other site sponsors who you know won't screw you.

I want to say he is pretty much the only sponsor on here who I've heard bad feedback on.

-Zach

You guys are great- I had no idea everyone already knew this, I guess that's what I get for not doing some reseach.

Phelps you are awesome!

I like how the silver spray bomb paint is his calling card haha

He has been asking why I wasn't happy- just like he did the time before with the head.

He will prolly offer a refund but you know what it's the principal of the thing!

Besides I don't trust him.

His refund will prolly be a dollar spray painted to look like a $20 and cost $14.75 to ship.

I ordered a front bumper from him that looked mint in the pictures. Clearly he uses a picture of a very nice bumper for all the bumpers he has for sale (regardlesss of the quality of the actual one being sold). I will say however that he was prompt in shipping. It doesn't bother me as much though because it's a bumper and i'm sure i'll end up letting it kiss a tree sooner or later. This is what showed up

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

Edited by bennny