stroker pistons

bansheeboi

stroker pistons

That seems to be the link to the ebay page.

These are the pistons I used to rebuild my banshee this time. I only have a couple hours of ride time on them so I cant give you very much input at this time. By the look and feel of the pistons they seem to be well built and solid feeling. In my own opinion people buy HotRod cranks, why not HotRods Pistons too...???

Remember, this guy on ebay sells piston kits meaning 1 piston and 1 set of rings for $85

I got mine from here Powersport Superstore for $67 each. Shipping was extra of course.

Edited by Spidy

first thing that jumps out at me is that the term "stroker piston" falls in the same category as "pre-detonation" ........terms that someone made up. incorrect, but widely used. (unless someone is making a piston with 7mm offset or the 4mill lr crank, rater than 5mm) that being said...after looking at that link, they are hotrods long rod pistons, sold by taboo toys, as spidy mentioned.

They look exactly like the Namura piston but if you look on Namura site you will see they don't make a pistons for the stroked machines. I have a set of Namura pistons 65.0m sitting here next to me I can't use right now because they are made for a stock crank. The only difference I found other than the size of my HotRod (long rod) piston and the stock Namura was the stamp inside on the skirt. Namura has a fancy N while HotRod has an HR.

If you were to have a stock HR piston and a stock Namura piston, they do look the same. Is Namura a knock off of HotRod? I couldn't tell you that, I can confirm they do look the same and one costs more than the other.

My rebuild project did have me confused at first. I ordered up the stock Namura pistons 65.0m, got them here forgetting I had the long rod 4mil crank. I set the jugs on, left the head off and rolled the motor over. LOL to my surprise they came out of the cylinders to far. I thought to myself, this wont work you dumb ass the wrist pin has to be offset. So that's when I ordered the HotRod 4mil long rod piston.

I'm into my 3rd tank of gas on the HotRod pistons. All is good so far!

I had questions about pistons when I did my first build, and the general consensus was that a wiseco was the way to go, but thats opinion. I bought and have run wisecos before with no issues caused by them, but there are plenty of good pistons out there. Be sure to buy forged thats all.

Certainly for piece of mind you could find a set of wisecos for around the same price, maybe a bit more? I dont know how to create a link, but heres an item # I found, no bearings though, Ive bought from this guy before.

Ebay item #400167839997

Im wondering what that 20 sided piece is beside the rings on the photo you provided?

Im wondering what that 20 sided piece is beside the rings on the photo you provided?

Midlifecrisis, I am not sure what that is but it doesn't come in the box when you order them. My first guess was some sort of oil ring but 2 stroke doesn't use an oil ring. With HotRod and Namura piston kits you get 1 piston, 2 rings, 1 wrist pin, and 2 of the clips that hold the pin.

HotRod Products Here is a link to HotRod's "Stroker" Pistons. Its funny that piece is in every pic of the 2 stroke pistons.

Your Ebay Item #400167839997 (Wiseco piston kit) shows exactly what you will get without the stickers lol when you get HR or Namura kits.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on this. Its pictured but will not come in the box when ordered as I mentioned above.

Edited by Spidy