Cannot get it to start!

Gikki44

The left side was misfiring like hell. Pulled the carbs and noticed they were way out of sync. Got em perfect now and i cannot get it to start. Ive tried kicking the hell out ot it forever and nothing. Not even trying to fire. Got good spark in both cylinders, fuel is getting in the cylinders cuz the plugs are both quite wet. Anybody got any ideas?

try swapping plug wires and see if it does it on the other side. also try brand new plugs. could be the coil. one more thing is the spark. you said you have spark but is it a nice fat blue consistant spark. sometimes it can throw you off just because you see it. hope this helps

maybe shes flooding mines would do that untill i got my carbs set rite. try taking plugs out dry and clean them and kick the crap out of it with no plugs to get excess petro out. put dry plugs in and try to start with no choke or 1/2 choke see if that helps goodluck man

see if it will start by pull starting it. i have almost the exact same problem as you. carbs rebuilt, synced perfect, well close to perfect, good spark and fresh plugs. had to pull it for half a mile to start it. but now i can kick start it. i'm guessing it needed more air flow to pull the extra gas out.. :confused:

Is it possible you put the slides back into the wrong carbs? If you did then they would have to be turned 180* ie. If you put the slides into the wrong carbs the only way they can go in is backwards..... Which will keep it from starting. the 45* angled cut on the bottom of the slide should be on the filter side. Also is there a chance you got the plug wires backwards??? I'm not trying to degrade your intelligence or mechanical abilities, just simple mistakes that everyone makes. You're right though, all the pieces of the puzzle seem to be in place. Spark, compression, the only thing in question is the fuel. Wet spark plugsa don't mean a good stoich mixture of fuel and air....

I'm gonna have to try and compression start it or pull it. The pick up gap is set, the slides are in correct and i got a perfect 32:1 premix. The only thing i can think is that everything is so wet from kicking the hell out of it that its just that flooded. im gonna pull the plugs and get em nice and dry and try it again. Also as far as i know the plug wires do not matter which cylinder they are on correct? I've also tried that with no success. Thanks for all the help so far guys. I would like to get this damn thing going by this weekend so i can get some riding time in!!

Yes the wires matter... If they're wrong I think it'll be trying to fire at the exact opposite time it should be. It IS possible its just flooded like a MOFO just not probible. Take the pipes off, turn off your fuel, remove your plugs, and just kick it and try blowing air in the cylinders to help evap. Some of the gas. Don't forget to dump it outta your pipes too. AND make sure you turn the motor so often.