turbo help

coryv4

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always wanted to do a turbo. I can handle just about anything as far as the fabrication and machine work is concerned. It's the tuning that scares me. I am sure I could eventually get it right, but it would take some serious time, research, and $$ to do it right. Some things are just tough to justify the expense involved. That is why there are professionals who charge AND deserve a premium for the work they do. I just don't think it is possible to take the 'low tech" approach to building a turbo that works and lives on a 2 stroke.

Years ago (mid 1990's or so...) a buddy of mine did a low tech turbo on a car. He had a late 80's Olds Cutlas 4 door. He put a 350 small block chevy smog motor (low compression) in it with block hugger headers turned upside down so the outlets pointed up. He cobbled together a Y pipe to turn the turbo and dumped the exhaust out of the fender well. He ran a draw through set up on the carb. To provide fuel and keep it from leaning out under boost he ran a nitrous plate system under the carb with fuel only (NO nitrous) connected to a boost activated switch. It had a turbo350 trans and a rear end from a Grand National. He was actually a Grand National nut and also ran a 10second street driven Regal. This was his budget beater/sleeper. The car was an absolute fucking beast. It would roast the tires at 50 mph if you mashed the pedal and let it come up on boost. It was an absolute hoot to cruise around in. A 4 door beater that would crucify Mustangs. (This was before the whole cheesy import tuner with a fart can muffler trend.) Roll up at a light and it looked like a hooptie that the muffler fell off of. Light turns green and it was a blur. He would beat the absolute piss out of the car for a week or two until it threw a rod out of the block. Then it was just a trip to the junk yard for another $300 smog motor to swap in on a saturday afternoon. It never blew a motor from leaning out or anything. It was always from squeezing too much power out of a stock block with 100K + miles on it. It didn't matter though. Small block chevys were cheap and plentiful back then.

I always wondered if a low tech approach like this would work on a 2 stroke. I just don't have the time or money to find out the hard way if it doesn't work.

you know.. shearer built a pipe for his turbo bike... Just saying..... shrug03.gif

You are right.. My setup is near identical to Matts.. Oh yeah he did build A pipe for his.. AKhethen or whatever the fuck your name is, you are a dumb motherfucker when it come to you thinking you know what will or wont work. Please save everyone else the trouble and just shut the fuck up with you ideas and thoughts..

So now that you two have run off anyone that might have been some help.........I'm going to stay tuned to see the pictures of the finished bike. Plz don't let us down guys.

well since i didnt get much help im gonna but it backon my citation and i will post pis of that if u like

If you want to build your super 7 mil crazy ported twin piped whatever the fuck it is, then feel free... But I can assure you my unported stock cyld stock stroke stock head stock carb turbo bike will out run it.. Happy building you stupid fucks!

no need to get all vag hurt cuz no one is listening to u

Edited by coryv4

no need to get all vag hurt cuz no one is listening to u

While N2O could chose his words more carefully, he is 100% right on what it takes to run a turbo shee. I have personnally seen the type of setup he is talking about make 180hp on a dyno......yes you read that right 180hp. With stock carbs, stock unported cylinder, stock head....and a single pipe. I have also seen the same bike run 9.80's in the 1/4 at 126mph. Where did your bike come from N20, is it a michigan bike??

i'm not disputing that he knows how to make that cookie-cutter set-up work. i've seen the same setup for sale all over the net from, if i remember, 1800+..mabey 1300us.......kit levels 124hp, 150hp, 170hp, etc. the 150 just uses the dynoport, and then there is the option of the intercooled same kit. there is efi kits, for them, there is also a no=pipe kit that runs the trubo right in front of the motor with an intercooler. n2o is like a guy buying a way overpriced jet kit, reading the instructions, and trying to school all of bhq on jetting. there are a growing number of different configurations, and it is most definately not a result of guys like him. if you know how, by all means chime in and share experience. i just don't like a guy jumping in ans saying "it's the only way" in my experience, when someone proclaims that it's the only way, they are either too dumb, or too lazy to do it better, and just looking for justification of their efforts. he just happened to pick on 2 of my biggest pet peeves... o would like to know if (i'm sure someone had to by now) and who has trialed differnt forced induction talored porting, and what they have found....although i doubt they would share that info..

You are a first class dumb fuck.. Mine is not a "kit" I bought different components, and assembled my own fueling system, my own nos stuff, my own EVERYTHING you fuck tard. When I say is like Matts, thats because it the say basic compenents as far as different parts go. Neither of them were build or assembled by the same person.. Save yourself the trouble, quit trying to look smart and get a fucking clue about what you are talking about prior to tryping. Just for your viewing pleasure, here is MY fuel, nitrous, and battery setup, as I was assembling it. Its wasnt complete in the pics , but close.. Looks real kit like I know.. You fucking moron! turbobikesetup1.jpgturbobikesetup2.jpg

Edited by n2otoofast4u

Just about everybody uses cordless drill batteries & "docks" on drag bikes. They run their nitrous systems & like a M.S.D. ign. off of them. Then you can swap batteries just like nitrous bottles between rounds.

Also maybe somebody that knows more than me could tell me how a pulse pump would work on a force induction engine. Don't they have zero intake vacuum?

Also Dan Hull at A&S racing ran a single pipe on his 10mill cub turbo bike & it was beyond fast on dirt & asphalt.

I don't recall seeing a smaller twin turbo bike ever with out 2 into 1 pipe. Just off the top of my head without any numbers to back it up. I would say that their is just not enough exhaust volume. In the idle & just off idle to fill two chambers & put energy into the turbine. If you had a exhaust side small enough to produce the velocity in low end area. The turbine would be overspeed in upper range. You could overcome this with a newer veritable geometry turbo. If you where so inclined to take a project like this.

Call Kim at K&T. My dad and I saw a couple RZRs with K&T turbos on them at sand mountain UT, and they were hella fast. They were walking all over low mod banshees and 450s on the face. They were running about 15-20 psi if i recall correctly? (Don't quote me I don't remember for sure) But K&T could push you in the right direction I'm sure. I am not claiming to know about turbos other than the one on our powerstroke, but give your idea a shot! Without trial and error there would be no innovation.

Call Kim at K&T. My dad and I saw a couple RZRs with K&T turbos on them at sand mountain UT, and they were hella fast. They were walking all over low mod banshees and 450s on the face. They were running about 15-20 psi if i recall correctly? (Don't quote me I don't remember for sure) But K&T could push you in the right direction I'm sure. I am not claiming to know about turbos other than the one on our powerstroke, but give your idea a shot! Without trial and error there would be no innovation.

agree kim is the shit on turbos!..actually everything he touchs screams..which dan a&s does too!..

You are a first class dumb fuck.. Mine is not a "kit" I bought different components, and assembled my own fueling system, my own nos stuff, my own EVERYTHING you fuck tard. When I say is like Matts, thats because it the say basic compenents as far as different parts go. Neither of them were build or assembled by the same person.. Save yourself the trouble, quit trying to look smart and get a fucking clue about what you are talking about prior to tryping. Just for your viewing pleasure, here is MY fuel, nitrous, and battery setup, as I was assembling it. Its wasnt complete in the pics , but close.. Looks real kit like I know.. You fucking moron! turbobikesetup1.jpgturbobikesetup2.jpg

junk...i don't think so..thats fuckin beautiful.somebody opened their big mouth and inserted there feet in there....funnier than shit

Edited by AWR

junk...i don't think so..thats fuckin beautiful.somebody opened their big mouth and inserted there feet in there....funnier than shit

Thank you.. I was able to clean it up a bit more, but theres just alot of stuff involved with the turbo, and then all the NOS stuff on top of that it gets a bit crowded and cluttered.