turbo help

coryv4

i have a turbo off a yfz 450 and i had it on my skidoo citation 4500 for a while and now i want to put it on my banshee and i would like to know how i would go about doing so and the snowmobile is a 377 so i figured it would work on a banshee any help and tips would be appreciated thanks i have a pick here at e2s

http://forums.everything2stroke.com/showthread.php?t=43955

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a turbo off a yfz 450 and i had it on my skidoo citation 4500 for a while and now i want to put it on my banshee and i would like to know how i would go about doing so and the snowmobile is a 377 so i figured it would work on a banshee any help and tips would be appreciated thanks i have a pick here at e2s

http://forums.everything2stroke.com/showthread.php?t=43955

im not sure but i think your biggest problem is going to be the exhaust side. some how you would have to run a 2 into 1 pipe to get the pressure to spool the turbo even on both sides. Im sure for the intake you could possibly use an aluminum air box and feed it in that way.

im not sure but i think your biggest problem is going to be the exhaust side. some how you would have to run a 2 into 1 pipe to get the pressure to spool the turbo even on both sides. Im sure for the intake you could possibly use an aluminum air box and feed it in that way.

what i was thinking for the exhaust is taking a t pipe and running them across the expansion chambers and hooking the t to the turbobut what i am worried about is equal boost in both cylinders

what i was thinking for the exhaust is taking a t pipe and running them across the expansion chambers and hooking the t to the turbobut what i am worried about is equal boost in both cylinders

Shearer has a pipe that would prolly work pretty good for a turbo.. perhaps you should give him a call.

you almost would want to find a cheap 2 into one pipe and cut the header collector off and weld it on a snow mobile pipe since the expansion chamber on snow mobiles are usually big. i know a 2 into 1 pipe would not have a big enough expansion chamber for a turboed banshee motor. basically I think this is going to be a trial and error. another big issue for you is going to be an oil supply for the turbo. i heard of people saying the've used(or were going to try) the stock oil injection to supply them. my opinion is the stock oil injection is not going to be an efficiant oiling system. not enough pressure. you'll need a oil tank and a high volume pump. also its going to need an intercooler for the oil as well. good luck. i know its possible. im not sure on hp numbers but you can build a natural aspirated banshee to be a monster.

you almost would want to find a cheap 2 into one pipe and cut the header collector off and weld it on a snow mobile pipe since the expansion chamber on snow mobiles are usually big. i know a 2 into 1 pipe would not have a big enough expansion chamber for a turboed banshee motor. basically I think this is going to be a trial and error. another big issue for you is going to be an oil supply for the turbo. i heard of people saying the've used(or were going to try) the stock oil injection to supply them. my opinion is the stock oil injection is not going to be an efficiant oiling system. not enough pressure. you'll need a oil tank and a high volume pump. also its going to need an intercooler for the oil as well. good luck. i know its possible. im not sure on hp numbers but you can build a natural aspirated banshee to be a monster.

this turbo has a oil reservoir and a aintifreeze boot on it so it runs from the radiator for cooling and has a internal oil system

this turbo has a oil reservoir and a aintifreeze boot on it so it runs from the radiator for cooling and has a internal oil system

that definatly makes it eisier. i would try a aluminum airbox seal it up tight and feed into the box and use a pipe like this to get started

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/127/18224392/1116712451917_1116062703377_500_019.jpg

obviously you will need a bigger expansion chamber. just a little cutting and welding. it may not look pretty at first but it would be cool.

Edited by Roccdeezy

lol.....ok, you got the bases covered on coolant and oil, but what about the carbs.......the fuel and venting would definately need to be equally pressurized with the charge air (well fuel needs to be pumped to more, lol) idk what kind of crack rocc is on, but you don't want or need, a 2-1. you just need to set it up down-wind, and feed the stinger tubes into it. i don't think a pipe is going to do as much fully spooled, anyway.

my main consern is jetting how i have 300as right now and thts perfect but when i put this turbo on i dont know a good starting point on jets would be

lol.....ok, you got the bases covered on coolant and oil, but what about the carbs.......the fuel and venting would definately need to be equally pressurized with the charge air (well fuel needs to be pumped to more, lol) idk what kind of crack rocc is on, but you don't want or need, a 2-1. you just need to set it up down-wind, and feed the stinger tubes into it. i don't think a pipe is going to do as much fully spooled, anyway.

thank god for know it alls. yeah feed off the stinger. you should get lots of pressure there.

thank god for know it alls. yeah feed off the stinger. you should get lots of pressure there.

Im not the smartest around, but Im telling you right now there isnt but about 2 things that have been written that are correct, or even close to leading you in the right dirrection.. If you have never built, owned, operated, been around, or ridden a turbo bike then how in the fuck are you gonna tell someone else what will and wont work??? Unreal... Heres real world experience talking to you coming from someone who has built, operated, rode, wrenched on, and currently owns one.. Its not easy, cheap, or without headache, but it can be done... Heres a few pics of mine at different stages. turbobike043.jpgturbobike004.jpgbikes.jpg

Edited by n2otoofast4u

i'm not saying a 2-1 won't work, but why the fuck would you want it? 2-1 pipes cut the timing pulse range of the pipe in half...plain and simple. it's ok for sno-go simply because the clutching gets them to a specific rpm range and keeps them there. the only point of a 2-1 is that they are lighter and cheaper to make....so, how was your experience with the jetting issue?

Jetting is easy compared to the steps needed to even get to the point of needing to jet it.

how would i make the intake manifold and how would i make twin pipse work. what did you use for oil?

intake manifold could be made from lots of things.. I would suggest alum. but Im sure there are other ways. Throw twin pipes in trash and get a single, the twins wont work worth a shit. We use turbos that have integrated oil, but lots of guys dont. They make "turbo oils" but most run what oil was intended to be used in the turbos original application.. Thought yours had built in oil, or does it need an oil pump to operate? I didnt look at the pictures

intake manifold could be made from lots of things.. I would suggest alum. but Im sure there are other ways. Throw twin pipes in trash and get a single, the twins wont work worth a shit. We use turbos that have integrated oil, but lots of guys dont. They make "turbo oils" but most run what oil was intended to be used in the turbos original application.. Thought yours had built in oil, or does it need an oil pump to operate? I didnt look at the pictures

who makes a good 2 into 1 like urs and how much of a difference will this turbo make on a mostly stock(wiseco pro lites bored .60 toomey t 3s) motor.and i acctually do need an oil pump wear can i get one cheap how would i power it and how do i run the antifreeze for it it has antifreeze jackets in it

who makes a good 2 into 1 like urs and how much of a difference will this turbo make on a mostly stock(wiseco pro lites bored .60 toomey t 3s) motor.and i acctually do need an oil pump wear can i get one cheap how would i power it and how do i run the antifreeze for it it has antifreeze jackets in it

Call me what you want, but Im questioning your ability to do this already. If your looking for cheap, then you are looking the wrong direction.. Nothing about the trubo bikes are cheap. But, you can buy the small pumps of of ebay, you will need to know what PSI your turbo requires. you will have to build a reservoir for the oil, or buy one, you are gonna need a battery to run it, as well as the fuel pump. Yes, you have to run a pump. You will have to search around for a pipe, any will work but the dyno port pipes are the best IMO, I dont have one on mine its a moto fast, but if I had my choice it would be the other. You can pipe the bike coolant system to it. Judging by your questions, and what seems to be the lack of basic knowledge about it, Im telling you that you are over your head, and are better off sticking with an NA motor. But if you want to try, good luck.