TRX450R/CR500R vs Banshee

252wheelieking

Ok here the deal....My cousin has a TRX450R rolling chassis & just brought a CR500R engine with The FMF Fatty exhaust. First let me get this clear....The reason for him installing this motor in this chassis is because he is tired of rebuilding that 450R motor like it is a 2stroke from cranks/connecting rods locking up & breaking. Plus me on the other end teasing him about how he seems to keeps blowing it up everytime he lines up with my BANSHEE....lol.....IDK maybe the engine knows....lol....But anyway he got a stock CR500R & installing it in the TRX450R rolling chassis. My Banshee set-up is CPI inframes, Coolhead w/21cc domes, wiseco pro lite pistons, dune/drag ported stock cylinders, VF 2 reeds, Boss Racing intake w/ built in crossover tube, 34mm PJ's, Dual K&N filter pods, +4 advance timing, 16T & 40T gearing.

We are going to race an 1/8th of a mile when he finish with it, so ladys/gentlemen what you think the outcome will be?

Ok here the deal....My cousin has a TRX450R rolling chassis & just brought a CR500R engine with The FMF Fatty exhaust. First let me get this clear....The reason for him installing this motor in this chassis is because he is tired of rebuilding that 450R motor like it is a 2stroke from cranks/connecting rods locking up & breaking. Plus me on the other end teasing him about how he seems to keeps blowing it up everytime he lines up with my BANSHEE....lol.....IDK maybe the engine knows....lol....But anyway he got a stock CR500R & installing it in the TRX450R rolling chassis. My Banshee set-up is CPI inframes, Coolhead w/21cc domes, wiseco pro lite pistons, dune/drag ported stock cylinders, VF 2 reeds, Boss Racing intake w/ built in crossover tube, 34mm PJ's, Dual K&N filter pods, +4 advance timing, 16T & 40T gearing.

We are going to race an 1/8th of a mile when he finish with it, so ladys/gentlemen what you think the outcome will be?

I dunno dude them 500 motors are sick.... I always wanted to do a build like that.. I got a 96 cr500 bored .25 over... its all going to depend on gearing on both bikes... 16 upfront.. i dont think ur going to be able to launch very well. being ur geared for top end.. he might have you outta the whole and 1/8 mile... might not give you enough time to reel him in.. when i drag i start in 2nd.. I personally beleive this to be an advantage of start in first!!! AND finally it depends on the riders. R\egardless its always fun having a buddy to compete against..... Good luck... Keep us posted on his build... well keep me posted atleast!!! I will be doing on in the future!!

i got ten bucks on the shee unless he does some crazy work to that engine, tell him to hget some insulating engine mounts if not that 500 might rattle that little 450 chassis to pieces...

I did a search and looks like a stock cr motor makes low 60. I would think you should make a little more with your set up. If your both tuned/geared right I think it would come down to the best rider with a slight edge to you. I'm willing to bet if he is going to go thru all the trouble of stuffing a cr500 motor in a 450 frame he will do a little more motor work as well.

i put an 86kx 500 motor in a banshee frame...bigbore non-counter balanced 2-stroke motors are not the hot setup for quad frames.gearing one is tricky and vibration is horrible!!!!i think the banshee wins this one

I think it is going to depend on how good the swap is done. There is usually no counter balancer in dirt bike motors, and properly modifying the exhaust is gonna be tough. I say it comes down to how good of a fabricator and tuner he is. I think if I had to make a decision, bike to bike I would say banshee. But that 450 setup with a good pipe, properly mounted, and properly tuned would be fairly fast. You need to tell him that we are not saying this stuff because we all own banshees, its going to come down to bike setup, power, tuning, and rider. Sounds like the banshee has all that so far.

i don't know, my cr500 powered 250r trike pulls pretty hard. those big bore 2 strokes are no joke. bring your a game and hope he doesn't bring his.

Nice bike I use to have a 84 ATC 250R they are fast bikes. Im not really worring about him beating me, cause im a much better drag racer from the line than him. Not that he can't ride, cause he is an excellent rider & would beat most of the owner's on banshee hq best time with there own bike. I'm racing to see how many bikes I can put on him with this cr500 cause he ran to it for more power & reliability. & for everybody thats on banshee hq this a friendly race between to cousins that just love to see each other get faster. Nothing like the forum with the two friends with the banshee & LT500....lol.....that was crazy.....But for now he is still working on getting the motor to mount in the frame & line the chain up. I think he's going to send it to a professional fabricator & let them install an align the motor for him. Im wishing him the best of luck, cause I want a fair race. I'll keep everybody posted on the build towards the race. & for all members, I like any bike that is fast exspecially 2strokes. Im a big fan of Suzuki & dont care to much for a Yamaha, but when I rode the Banshee I fell in love with it (banshee) & brought one. That one got stolen & three months later I built a faster one. Now one of my choices for a personal atv is the Banshee. Truth hurts but I won't buy any other yamaha's unless it's a two stroke. & I still love my SUZUKI. Im just a straight up guy & live by whats real & not by ego.

I got one question for everybody on banshee hq, since owner's with quad's wanna step-up to the BANSHEE for a drag race.

Will you race the BANSHEE, if the displacement is same or 50cc's less than what your displacement is in a heads up drag race & be confident about winning?

Nice bike I use to have a 84 ATC 250R they are fast bikes. Im not really worring about him beating me, cause im a much better drag racer from the line than him. Not that he can't ride, cause he is an excellent rider & would beat most of the owner's on banshee hq best time with there own bike. I'm racing to see how many bikes I can put on him with this cr500 cause he ran to it for more power & reliability. & for everybody thats on banshee hq this a friendly race between to cousins that just love to see each other get faster. Nothing like the forum with the two friends with the banshee & LT500....lol.....that was crazy.....But for now he is still working on getting the motor to mount in the frame & line the chain up. I think he's going to send it to a professional fabricator & let them install an align the motor for him. Im wishing him the best of luck, cause I want a fair race. I'll keep everybody posted on the build towards the race. & for all members, I like any bike that is fast exspecially 2strokes. Im a big fan of Suzuki & dont care to much for a Yamaha, but when I rode the Banshee I fell in love with it (banshee) & brought one. That one got stolen & three months later I built a faster one. Now one of my choices for a personal atv is the Banshee. Truth hurts but I won't buy any other yamaha's unless it's a two stroke. & I still love my SUZUKI. Im just a straight up guy & live by whats real & not by ego.

I got one question for everybody on banshee hq, since owner's with quad's wanna step-up to the BANSHEE for a drag race.

Will you race the BANSHEE, if the displacement is same or 50cc's less than what your displacement is in a heads up drag race & be confident about winning?

I have raced some bigger motors and been confident that I would win. I've beat down 18 mm DMs and 4 mil Super cub time after time. My setup was just better. At the strip, reaction time doesn't hurt either!

But the point is, 50 ccs (even 100) is not enough (usually) to overcome a poor setup or poor rider.