Street legal ATV's in Michigan or anywere US

FTGRACING

http://www.city-data.com/forum/motorcycles-scooters-atvs-boats-watercrafts-snowmobiles/748972-make-atvs-street-legal.html

Hey, guys look at the above site. I guess the Feds passed a new law few years back making it possible to make an ATV street legal in the US. Some states it is legal already. Could anyone post on here if it is legal in there state. I am going to check on Michigan the state I'm in. I know it is probably not be easy to get it legalized but I guess some county's in my state let you ride on the side of the road so that is getting closer. It would be sweet to have a supermoto Banshee to cruise around town with.

Mi passed a law allowing ATV to be ridden on the shoulders. But.. Its up to the county to pass its own regulations.. so some counties will allow it while others wont.

Yup where we go it is only on the shoulder of the county roads and a max speed of 20 or 25. Which kinda sucks.

Well i checked in ohio today and atvs can not be made street legal on any road. and to run on public ground(road rightaways and state parks) you have to have it titled and registered. and its not a ORV sticker anymore its an actual license plate. I find that kinda dumb but whatever. guess i get to do some drilling and bolting. but probably not until the michigan orv sticker expires which ill stay ignorant about and just assume its legal. well thats what ill tell a cop anyway....

I will start looking into this for Canada but I think we need to modify it like this if we want them legal.

Some guy did that to a raptor and rode it from cali to florida and it was legal all the way. It was in dirtwheels several years ago. He did use car tires all around though. I dont know about where you are though.

I did some more checking. The only way you could make a 4-wheeled machine street legal in Michigan is to meet the classification as a kit car, with windshield, wipers seat belts etc. But you could do a three wheeled atv, since it is classified as a motorcycle. So you could do that ugly conversion buy running one wheel in back or 2 up front. Or buy an old Tri-Z or something and get that titled as on on road motorcycle or the take a current dual sport bike that is street legal and added a swinger from an axle to make it a trike. Now you van make a Rhino or RZR street legal since it is easy to get it up to spec as a car would be.

Mi passed a law allowing ATV to be ridden on the shoulders. But.. Its up to the county to pass its own regulations.. so some counties will allow it while others wont.

Where in mi is it sanilac county. I go riding there a lot used to live there and some towns there will let u ride in town. On side streets. 25mph.