R2 = WOW!

rubeat

Any one have any issues with the end silencer part coming apart where the stinger tube goes in? my new r2's on one of my tail pipes seems to not stay in completely where the rivits are. The rivits are tight and have no play. But the tail pipe end cap seems to be coming out.

i noticed it too i am gonna drill and tap the holes for some small button head bolts. mine also leak oil a bit too though that doesnt bother me much.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah ok... thats not bad.. i guess you could instal a small oring or something or even some rvt sealant to fix that easly...

I emailed Mark and he got back to me right away. said was having some issues with the rivet gun at one point so could be just a bad rivet that was put in. which isnt uncomong.

asked if I could get some pics for him... so ill do that and see whats what... prob end up just replacing the rivit(s) that arnt "holding"

Gotta say.... the customer service Ive been getting from mark has been awesome!

i havent took them apart yet at the bike is 2000 miles from me right now but i kinda figured on putting them on the lathe and making a groove for the oring when i tap the holes for bolts.

i also had a rivet break and it made the rear oring kinda melt and ooze out , i got new orings , now im jus going to replace all the back rivets/orings and go from there .other wise these are bad pipes and perform n sound sic.:headbang:

Edited by shakar

• 4 weeks later...

They will be way less leg burners then the original Rockets, and I have rode with those in Khaki shorts... only burning my legs rippin doughnuts..

With these specific pipes you will either adjust your riding style / posture to them for the new gained power or bitch about them and get something different.

• 3 weeks later...

They are in the same category as a cpi. I run them on my dune ported stock stroke they pull forever. i usually chicken out and shift. a few run them on servals and the like.

borrink has some threads here on BHQ with his contact info. DO NOT BUY ANY FROM MINKIA38 aka MOTORCITYATV on ebay.

dude you saved me i was about to buy them from this guy on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/290624005827?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

where should i get them from ?? an should i ceramic coat them i want to keep the shine is that possible ?? your help guys is much appreciated

you guys on the thried are awesome coz you totally sold me on these pips :cheers: