verizon or sprint

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have verizon and i like them but when i am out at Glamis i get no reception unless i go to the rd. even in the washes by the tower i have no 3g and i drop calls. i would like to get the new verizon iphone but i dont know what its going to be like on the cdma network. will see how it works for others and go from there.

i have verizon and i like them but when i am out at Glamis i get no reception unless i go to the rd. even in the washes by the tower i have no 3g and i drop calls. i would like to get the new verizon iphone but i dont know what its going to be like on the cdma network. will see how it works for others and go from there.

The Verizon iPhone is going to be shit compared to AT&T's. Their network can't handle doing two things at once. For example: If you're talking on the phone via bluetooth, speaker phone, or whatever, you can check your email and browse the net at the same time with AT&T. Verizon's network wont be able to handle that. CDMA is old ass technology, and one day Verizon will get with the times and upgrade their network. You would think with as big as they are, they would have a superior network to a company as small as Cricket Wireless... but no... :confused: I have AT&T, and Sprint. Sprint's data is slower than shit (yes, even on "4g"), but has better voice reliability, whereas AT&T's data is much better, but drops calls... pretty much constantly...

The Verizon iPhone is going to be shit compared to AT&T's. Their network can't handle doing two things at once. For example: If you're talking on the phone via bluetooth, speaker phone, or whatever, you can check your email and browse the net at the same time with AT&T. Verizon's network wont be able to handle that. CDMA is old ass technology, and one day Verizon will get with the times and upgrade their network. You would think with as big as they are, they would have a superior network to a company as small as Cricket Wireless... but no... :confused: I have AT&T, and Sprint. Sprint's data is slower than shit (yes, even on "4g"), but has better voice reliability, whereas AT&T's data is much better, but drops calls... pretty much constantly...

are you really that fucking impatient you cant make a call and look at an email at the same time. this always blows my mind when people brag on fucking att and gsm towers. you can surf the web and talk at the same time can you really. first thing first your brain will go in over load doing 2 things at once.

if this is such an issue supposely with lte 4g vzw others i think they will split the band where go forbid you could surf and talk at the same time.

and att sucks a bag of dicks. got a friend who broke down in 5 deg weather she tried to call or text some one for help guess what that grand and glourous gsm shit new tech didnt work and she almost got hypotherma (sp). finally a passing car stopped and helped her.

theres a reason cdma is the most popular service in the us. it works and has better range. i dont even have verizon roam off them but fuck att fuck gsm.fuck surfing and talking at the same time if thats your selling point for a company i give up. att 3g coverage is shit. but you can still surf and talk yuck.

ps if you wanting a verizon iphone wait till like summer when apple comes out with the new model like they do each yr.

This post makes me laugh.

Yes, checking email/surfing the web is VERY important to me... I use it probably 10-15 times a day...

You see, I own a real estate business... When I get a call from an escrow company/client/insurance company/another agent/lender/home inspector/home warranty rep that needs information, I can (while talking on the phone), pull up my email and give them the info they need. Or, if it's not in my email, be able to browse and find the specific information, while having them on the phone.

I'm sorry if YOUR brain goes into overload while doing two things at once, but I can handle it, and do it all the time. Sometimes 3 things at once. :cheers:

I've had Verizon, just got rid of them after almost 6 years... around here, the network sucked my ass. I couldn't get coverage where I needed it. The exact opposite applies with AT&T, for me. I get full 3g coverage pretty much everywhere. Sure, there are dead spots, but not anywhere remotely close to the number of dead spots there were from Verizon.

Also, your friend who got trapped because she couldn't get out on AT&T? Why wouldn't she just turn on roaming and use another carriers tower? Seems logical to me, rather than getting hypothermia. :huh:

ATT's speed on 3 G is better, hands down.

Their voice reliability sucks compared to Verizon. But...if where you are...ATT is good and you need the speed, get it.

I'm with you on that.

Call clarity, reliability and coverage is better overall by a large margin with Verizon. Their data speed sucks.

I agree 100%.

However...

Verizon is launching their 4G network (also called LTE) and is in some states now, and will very good coverage by end of this year. Will it be in the sticks? No.

I understand the call/data at the same time issue. Some people need it...MOST do not. I can still access my email for reference on my BlackBerry on Verizon, I just can't send or receive any new ones or surf the web while I'm on the phone. 99% of the time, I only need to reference an email for a caller, which I put on speaker, go to my email and tell them over the phone what they need to know.

Grand Rapids has the 4G towers...it is fast. Once LTE/4G is common place, GSM phones will lack big time. The GSM 4G network is behind schedule compared to Verizons.

CDMA is the number 1 technology in the US and China. And who has the most cell phones in the world? US and China. Everywhere else is GSM....so pick your battles.

I think the early adopters of the iPhone on Verizon are going to be disappointed in speed IF they came over from ATT. If they've always been Verizon, they won't know any better.

Personally, I'm getting an iPhone when they hit Verizon to test the email, calendar and contacts for corporate use. They have to work as well as a BlackBerry.

(We have a corporate BES server for email, iPhone and Droids use Active Sync) it is NOT the same as your home Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo account. So I don't want to hear how well it does your home email...I get it.

To be honest, the phone I'm waiting for is the Windows 7 phone coming to Verizon, once the LTE is put in place. Using one for a few minutes @ ATT store, they're simple, fast...and solid phones.

Well said. If and when Verizon's network improves, without a doubt in my mind I will give them a shot again. They're coverage in my area is just pretty poor right now, and AT&T fits the bill for me!

I can always appreciate corporate competition. It makes the technology that much better. I've always been partial to GSM, because I change phones so frequently. It's easier to sync now with CDMA, but before, it was a pain in the ass to have to go down to the Verizon store, and have them copy all my contact, and other info to my new phone. With GSM it was just easier to pop out the SIM card, and throw it into whatever phone I decided to use that day.

The Windows phones are pretty good phones, just don't get an HTC. I just gave one away on here because it was so awful. Constantly froze, and was slower than molasses. My old lady has an HTC droid phone on Sprint, and I think maybe once every two weeks, she'll actually be able to use the internet on it...

AT&T does piss me off occasionally, though. The first thing I noticed about my iphone4 was that after browsing youtube for a while, it would drop the network completely, couldn't check emails, no app store, nothing would work. I had to restart the phone. AT&T basically told me that I'm doing something wrong, so I took it to the apple store, and they said that some of the phones have that problem. They get overloaded with data, and freeze up. Apple replaced the phone and I haven't had any issues since. :confused:

Verizon is better than ATT and sprint.

I know many people that have both of them and never have any reception and they never have 3G/4G.

I have the Droid X from Verizon and it is amazing. I have never not had reception, never dropped a call, always have 3G.

And as far as pictures and videos go, the Droid X has an 8 megapixel camera and HD Video. If u want to see the picture quality, look at my signature because i took those pictures with my phone

Also, your friend who got trapped because she couldn't get out on AT&T? Why wouldn't she just turn on roaming and use another carriers tower? Seems logical to me, rather than getting hypothermia. :huh:

see here where you need to get out and see the grand and glorious country of ours. att dont have that many towers in ks and if they do they are too spread out.

att in cali might be fine but venture out and drive thru the country and see how you like their service.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the driod 2 I love my phone. I had a I phone 4 This phone is much better, much faster. I go to Glamis alot and all the people I go with have att or sprint and they can very rarely make calls, it is funny to watch them walk around holding they I phone or evo in the air looking for service. I just sit in my chair laugh. Because I have all four bars. Get and stay with verizon. Droid rules.

It only cost me 29.99

just for the data. but after text and calling plan.. your way more then sprint

Verizon's cheapest plan is 39.99, then 20.00 more for messaging, and another 29.99 for unlimited data that = 89.98

Sprint is only 69.99 and unlimited everything other then mobile to land line. And I get a extra 23% off my bill that verizon wont match.