My sundahl Banshee

sandtazam

Thanks. I am addicted to mine. My BIL just got a grizzly and keeps telling me I need to sell my bike and buy a griz. He just doesn't understand what this thing is. This weekend we're suppose to go ona a ride through some rocky mountains. They say no sport quad has ever made it. I believe next week they will be saying. "Only one sport quad has ever made it." :cheers:

Update. I talked to more people about this ride. I guess it's not as bad as it use to be a few years ago. Sport quads can get through. It has a cool story behind it though. I guess a guy back in the 60's had a mine out there. He couldn't get to it so he layed carpet over the snow and drove over ot to get to his mine. The carpet is still there 50 years later. (Beat to hell though) Wonder if it has a stain warranty. 8-)

Edited by sandtazam

Are you talking about carpet hill on the way to Klondike out by Mammoth? that is 50 minutes northeast of tucson past Catalina. I grew up out in the sticks out there and I actually rolled my jeep like 7 years about by carpet hill. Sport quads can go through there with a good skidplate.

Update. I talked to more people about this ride. I guess it's not as bad as it use to be a few years ago. Sport quads can get through. It has a cool story behind it though. I guess a guy back in the 60's had a mine out there. He couldn't get to it so he layed carpet over the snow and drove over ot to get to his mine. The carpet is still there 50 years later. (Beat to hell though) Wonder if it has a stain warranty. 8-)

• Like 1

That's the place. The terrain was no problem what so ever BUT.... Got to the bottom of the hill from hell and lost the master link on the chain. I would normally have an extra one but not this time. I ended up being pulled back up the hill by a Kawasaki side by side. He had to go WFO just to prevent getting stuck. I was just along for the ride. It was a damn good thing I had lots of wheel travel. When he would go around obstacles, I ended up going right over them due to being on a tow strap behind him. It was one wild ride up the hill. Even though I didn't get to camp out I stil had a blast. These pics aren't us but this is the hill.

post-15538-1286217215177_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've got it stored right now. The drag bike has never made a pass other than in the parking lot. It's for sale so it will reduce the value if I make passes on it. I'm 46 now. I started running up Oldsmobile 25 years ago. I just don't need to go that fast :shootself: My other bike rides like a trophy truck with handlebars. :headbang: It forgives my mistakes. Drag bikes, not so much <_< .

Here are some pics of how we routed the hose. I use a Toomy radiator. I don't know if a stock one is the same configuration.

391079130.jpg

391079129.jpg

Hey Sandtazam,

Getting back to the board. Been working too hard, took last week off for SEMA. Thanks for posting the radiator pics. Could you post a picture of the air filter set-up? Dean told me he uses Toomeys 2 into 1 filter adapter. How about you?

• 5 years later...