The ultimate showdown cool head vs shaved stock head

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My arguement is that cool heads are not worth the money for the average guy who is gonna pipe and port their bike.

Can we please discuss this?

Not trying to be a douche this just needs to be cleared up.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if youre on a budget then milling the stock head is probly the way to go. the upside of a cool head is the ability to swap the domes out on the fly whether the reason be because you want to increase or decrease compression or because of a blown/seized motor. if you want to change compression with a stock milled head or if it gets dicked up you'll need to replace it with a new (or un molested used) head. not to mention the bling factor of a cool head. B)

Adjustability and bling puts cool heads in the lead . I can get my head cut for free so that doesn't figure into the equation. For someone that is going with minimal bolt ons and minimal wallet , milled stock wins hands down. For someone that is always changing set up , cool head is way to go. BTW I saw most of the debate in shout last night.

I use to think the same until I started running one.I noticed operating temperatures were more than 10 degrees lower than the stock head and that was with 50 more psi of compression.

Its more of a matter of physics.More aluminum will dissipate more heat...Where is the most heat generated,the combustion chamber in the head.The coolheads not only offer adjustability,but they act like a huge heat sink on the top of the head.

I was once a skeptic ,douchebag milkshake like SLORYDER,but I eventually learned.

mabey a shaved head will be good for the guy just piped, and a few bolt-ons, like reeds/timing, but generally, a guy who is going to port would only be running a shaved head to save money.the different chamber options-+1 the cooling fins on domes (other than hemi) +1 for heat transfer. ability to change domes at will for different needs +1 bling, lol, +1 cheap repar from topend failure damage+1 reuseable o-rings +1...and they are just cool heads+100 :headbang:

Mine came with a cooling head so i never had the chance to fool with a stock one. It's nice to see someone noticed a drop in tempature from one.

I would think that the best way to lower temps would be a better radiator. Then again, as long as you are moving, the stock one should work fine.