The ultimate showdown cool head vs shaved stock head

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

no, i'm not saying that. i'm saying you can get more power out of a coolhead, period. there you go again on severely biased comparisons. think about it....now think about it again......now smack yourself upside the head, and get yo mind right. unbiased- the coolhead is for the guy who is more seroius about building. porting is also for the guy more serious about building. porting gets you more power, so is the more important mod of the 2 and done first. look around- pretty much most ported bikes either have, or are waiting for a coolhead. most bikes without a coolhead are stock cyl, with little more than pipes. just keeping with the origional criteria, not switching things up like someone.....

Please read this AK.

For the MAJORITY of banshee owners, the cool head is a wast of money if buying new.

For $320 is dollars, you will make more power out of a shaved head and porting than out of a cool head. Actually double the horsepower.

In a perfect world, you will have a coolhead, porting timing plate, cheetah cyl, decked out and still be able to support your family.

In real life, there are compromises. People need to save a buck here and there, and I believe in the pursuit of horsepower this is one of the corners that can be cut.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't that what he said. he said people will first get a port job, then get a cool head once they have the money.

You will still be ahead money and hp wise by NOT buying a cool head. The money spent on it could be used for a better set of pipes, carbs, tires, suspension ect.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=130851

Look at this dyno graph. Look at the green line. This shows about 10-12hp difference from piped and filtered to piped filtered +4 timing cool head vitos pistons and vf3 reeds. I know at least 8 hp are from the timing reeds and pistons. So that's how much of a gain from the cool head?

Yeah, the squish angles might be better than stock, but it is the compression that adds most of the hp. You won't even notice a performance difference between a cool head and stock shaved head as far as seat of the pants.

Edited by SLORYDER

hahahahahahha. he is losing his own poll and so to justify that he says that everyone here is brainwashed.. thats pretty typical from some goofball that really doesnt know shit.

And this is how the administrator of a popular website is supposed to act?

Way to set an example.

isn't that what he said. he said people will first get a port job, then get a cool head once they have the money.

I really dont think it matters what anybody says hes still going to try to prove his point even though hes WRONG. Isnt that why you started this thread? To try to prove to us that everybody is going to agree with you and that the majority of the people here are wrong. Well I think it just blew up in your face, just admit it and lets get on to other things.

I really dont think it matters what anybody says hes still going to try to prove his point even though hes WRONG. Isnt that why you started this thread? To try to prove to us that everybody is going to agree with you and that the majority of the people here are wrong. Well I think it just blew up in your face, just admit it and lets get on to other things.

Nothing blew up in my face lol.

I am just out to prove my point. And I believe I did. Whether you like me or not.

I am just out to prove my point. And I believe I did. Whether you like me or not.

Wait, what point did you prove?

No one believes you, no one's opinion has been swayed, no one think's you're smart, no one thinks you know jack about banshees. That's alot of unproven points.

Why does it have to be a brand new cool head? If the guy is trying to build a budget bike he could buy used head and domes. To get the same benifits as domes provide the stock head should be rechambered. So using your stock head and getting it rechambered is going to cost about 80-100. Buying a used cool head and domes might cost about 120-150. Now, if you wanted two setups, one pump one race fuel, another set of domes will cost you maybe 40 used. Doing the stock head you really should have a second head cut. The head gasket thing will work to reduce your compression but your squish is going to be screwed up. So, to get a second head cut your talking 35 for a used head and another 80-100 for the rechamber. Guess what, your cost is about the same.

Now if you want to talk about the head gasket thing it really doesn't work right. No matter what size dome you get the squish will stay about the same (as long as the dome wasn't cut wrong). Were using the cut head with different head gaskets will change your squish.

You could just shave the head and call it good enough and yeah, if its just a piped bike it would make sense. But if your looking to port your bike you should have the head at least rechambered to get the most out of your bike. So, really going the budget route, a rechamber head 80-100, used cool head 150. Wanting to do two setups, two rechambered heads 195- 235, used head with two sets of domes 160-190. Pretty much a wash if you want to make sure your getting the most out of your bike. Even buying a new cool head with two new sets of domes would only run about 280-300. So really your only saving 65-85 bucks. Then if down the road you decide to do a different setup ie: big bore or 4mil, another set of domes 65-85, another stock head 115-135.

Dude this has nothing to do with liking anybody. I dont even really know you. As far as proving your point maybe you should start another thread asking if everybody thinks you proved your point. This is just a forum full of opinions thats all dude I hope it dont get dragged in to a like dislike thing. All this started because some dude was asking opinions on cool heads and I gave him mine and all of a sudden I was the asshole in the other thread. Damn I was even attacked by a dude thats running a coolhead but was arguing against them and i never said shit to him. All I said is its a cheap ass substitute for a cool head. The question in the other thread was could someone suggest a cool head and what size domes. Not should I shave my head or get a coolhead.