The ultimate showdown cool head vs shaved stock head

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And this is how the administrator of a popular website is supposed to act?

Way to set an example.

Admin? I am not only the Admin, but I OWN the fucking place... and YES, that's how I am going to act. YOU brought this upon yourself. YOU started this. YOU mouthed everyone in the Shoutbox about aftermarket heads. YOU started this ridiculous poll and said you, "weren't trying to be a douche bag," which means you were trying to be a douche bag. Well, you succeeded. Congrats. :cheers:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently none of you guys want to face the facts.

On the banshee with every bolt on imaginable, the cool head contributed approximately 2 to 4 horsepower. A stock shaved head will yield similar results.

If you were to shave the stock head, and send your jugs to RB racing for a port job, you would yield 2-3 times the horsepower gains as buying a cool head.

This is a FACT.

Another FACT is that you can cut the head for race fuel, then run a thicker gasket to compensate for when you want to run pump gas. Sure, squish won't be ideal for those trying to get every last hp, but the fact of the matter is you won't even notice the difference.

In pursuit of every last horsepower, yeah get a cool head. It would be a decent investment if you have already spent money on suspension, pipes, drag porting, tires, swingarm, carbs ect.

But for 80-90% of us, it is just not a good investment, UNLESS you are after bling, or like to brag about what your bike has.

On the banshee with every bolt on imaginable, the cool head contributed approximately 2 to 4 horsepower. A stock shaved head will yield similar results.

If you were to shave the stock head, and send your jugs to RB racing for a port job, you would yield 2-3 times the horsepower gains as buying a cool head.

This is a FACT.

Another FACT is that you can cut the head for race fuel, then run a thicker gasket to compensate for when you want to run pump gas. Sure, squish won't be ideal for those trying to get every last hp, but the fact of the matter is you won't even notice the difference.

In pursuit of every last horsepower, yeah get a cool head. It would be a decent investment if you have already spent money on suspension, pipes, drag porting, tires, swingarm, carbs ect.

But for 80-90% of us, it is just not a good investment, UNLESS you are after bling, or like to brag about what your bike has.

So coolheads are only good for drag ported bikes?

I prefer to brag about my bowl movements on internet forums, but to each his own.

So coolheads are only good for drag ported bikes?

I prefer to brag about my bowl movements on internet forums, but to each his own.

No.

A coolhead would only be a wise investment if you were trying to extract every last horsepower. 250 vs $50. that 200 could have been spent on something that will give you more than 1 horsepower, which is what the cool head will give you over the stock shaved head.

And I am not bragging about anything. I am trying to offer some advice to a few people who may be having health issues that may be mitigated my cleansing out their system.

I am actually trying to be constructive and help others.

And this is how the administrator of a popular website is supposed to act?

Way to set an example.

not only is tyler the head og of this site but he is a die hard banshee owner. thats whats great about him running this joint, he's just like all of us, if he has an opinion or something to say he's gonna say it. thats the example he gets across by his posts, its an open forum and anybody can say anything (though some may take that to the extreme).

This is a FACT.

i dont get how you still think you're right after so many people have voted "yes" and have told you why a cool head rules over a stock milled and rechambered head. if you ask me i'd say you were the "brainwashed" one. :shrugani:

[quote name='donkeypuncher' date='02 August 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1280778234' post='1155561'

i dont get how you still think you're right after so many people have voted "yes" and have told you why a cool head rules over a stock milled and rechambered head. if you ask me i'd say you were the "brainwashed" one. :shrugani:

I'm brainwashed because I showed proof that a cool head only gains 2 to 4 horsepower, the same as a milled stock head?

Where's your proof that I'm wrong?

Not ONE person that voted yes has ANY proof, so yeah, I'd say you are all brainwashed, actually.

I'm brainwashed because I showed proof that a cool head only gains 2 to 4 horsepower, the same as a milled stock head?

Where's your proof that I'm wrong?

Not ONE person that voted yes has ANY proof, so yeah, I'd say you are all brainwashed, actually.

Have YOU done dyno runs, same exact motor, comparing a stock head, milled head, and coolhead? negatory

Have YOU done dyno runs, same exact motor, comparing a stock head, milled head, and coolhead? negatory

Oh here we go.

When I made the colon blow topic, and gave you my testimony from ACTUAL experience you didn't want to believe me. If i DID do the actual testing myself you would make up an excuse why it wasn't legit. You'd say oh well it musta been colder on thaat day or some

I think that chart I posted is proof enough. I think anyone with a brain that is NOT brainwashed can clearly see I am right.

Slo, ill ask again, why does it have to be a brand new head and domes? If your on a budget you could buy a used cool head and domes. It will save you a lot of money.

I know I have gone through 3 domes so far since I bought my cool head. I'm not some big time racer or anything but when I do something I like to do it right. So in my case I would have gotten the heads rechambered. So that would have cost me on the low end 310. Since I went the cool head route it cost me 360, 160 for new head, 50 for new 20cc domes, 85 for new 20cc stroker domes and 65 for used 23cc stroker domes. I could have gotten everything a lot cheaper if I bought everything used but I didn't. Oh and I did sell my 20cc standard domes for 40 so I made some back.

Look, I'm not saying the shaved head is a bad thing but to do it right it should be rechambered. Then when you compare that to the price of a used head its not that big of a difference.

If you want to prove your point do some test. Test a stock motor with a stock head, a shaved head for race fuel, a cool head with equal size domes, the race fuel head with the bigger gasket, and a cool head with equal domes as the bigger gasket setup. Post HP, torque, and temps. Make it fair and unbiased. Then we can decide what's best. Oh add in a rechambered head also.

until you have proof just shut the fuck up.

I just gave you proof.

I KNOW milling the stock head is good for 3-4 hp. Same as the cool head.

Like I said on a drag ported engine where you can cut the squish band to give you optimal velocity over a very narrow range, then yes, you can get big gains out of the cool head. But for your average build, the shaved head is good enough.

This is a FACT.

I don't know where you learned to do math, but according to the poll results, which are 57-5 in favor of a cool head, your math doesn't add up. It's 92%-8% saying cool head. I'm guessing your next thing to say is that people running a stock head aren't voting, and I'm going to call BS on that. The poll results say it all, so f*cking deal with it. People aren't voting cool head just to prove you wrong, they are voting cool head, because they have one, and know how much better they are than a shaved stocker. You should really call a bunch of the site sponsors, and get their opinions on this, but I'm afraid you won't, because you can't stand being proved wrong, even with the results staring you in the face, in black, and white. I've honest got to say, that you are the biggest douche bags that I've ever saw on an internet forum.

I just gave you proof.

I KNOW milling the stock head is good for 3-4 hp. Same as the cool head.

Like I said on a drag ported engine where you can cut the squish band to give you optimal velocity over a very narrow range, then yes, you can get big gains out of the cool head. But for your average build, the shaved head is good enough.

How do you know this?

And from those graphs, how do you know which parts "added" hp?