yamalube

ramon

I like running homelite weedwacker oil for air cooled engines running at a 75:1 ratio, Works great, Lots of sparks out the rear pipes, and no smoke. Operating temps running at a normal 240 degrees.

On a serious note, I love Super techniplate 32:1, After 50 hours on new pistons they still look like they just came out of the box. And the smell is next to none. I heard the R50 smells the same but offers slightly less film strength. I can say one thing, The 350 is probably the most reliable 2 stroke atv engine ever built

Edited by JSHEE34756

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Been running 2R in the bike since 02, never even fouled 1 plug. When I built my 4 mil, top end was 4 years old and still had cross hatch marks. Everyone likes what they like. I love the smell of 927, but will never run castor oil. Seems to sticky. I'll stick to the yamalube.

I use to run nothing but Yamalube 2R.My 01' had about 120 hrs on it,roughly 3 seasons.Pistons were worn past service limit,cylinders looked good,no galling.

I put wisecos in it for the rebuild and ran it 3 seasons with lots of mods(high comp,timing,porting) and klotz supertechniplate.Piston to cylinder clearance was maybe .001 over what was installed and I beat that motor to death.I re0ringed her and ran ist another 2 years.

Yamalube is a great oil,but klotz is the best.

• 2 weeks later...

"got rid of my yama lube... kept gummin up my slides in my carbs and causin them stick open... switched too AMS Dominator synthentic oil and haven't had a problem yet"

Shouldn't have anything to do with gummin' up your carb slides at all..........

However, I have always ran Honda's HP2 at approximately 40 : 1 with either premium pump or AvGas when riding at Silver Lake and never had a problem. Ran that motor for like 5 yrs without a teardown, never smoked, always started first kick.

Edited by RZBansheeMan

got rid of my yama lube... kept gummin up my slides in my carbs and causin them stick open... switched too AMS Dominator synthentic oil and haven't had a problem yet

what in the world?!

i can say with 100% confidence no premix oil in the world is gona make your slides stick open.

are you sure you wernt using molasses ?

so yamalube is sticky? i thought it was oil..

sounds like more AMSOIL propaganda to me... lol

on a side note.. my friend ran yamalube 2-R at 32:1 *(sometimes it looked more like 24:1 judging from his exhaust smoke) for 7 years straight in a banshee that was run hard and put away wet 3-4 days a week, for a while used as a daily commuter to get to work, yes thats right, a banshee down the train tracks as a means of getting to work), the thing was bone stock, everything top and bottom. his slides never got glued open with yamalube :D.. there is nothing wrong with yamalube!

• 3 weeks later...

got rid of my yama lube... kept gummin up my slides in my carbs and causin them stick open... switched too AMS Dominator synthentic oil and haven't had a problem yet

I have had the same problem but only with race fuel and Yamalube. Only happend when the bike was parked in high humidity storage (basement).

It would have a purple goo on the slides that looked like yamalube and lithium grease. Sounds off the wall but it happends.

• 2 weeks later...

Castrol Power RS TTS 2 stroke oil I'm assuming. I gave it a try but I just like the Klotz R50 and really didn't care for the Castrol. Fowled a few plugs.Others have given the Castrol good reviews though.

Castrol tts synthetic fucking awesome never fouled a plug yet :headbang: