yamalube

ramon

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just sucks. I had to dump a full tank of gas on friday and it was an expensive fix. It was 110 race fuel with yamalube in it. It was smoking like a SOB and I finally said F it! I put in a 93 octane/alcohol mix and ran awesome. Camatv had a mix of 3 gallons of 93 and 1 gallon of alcohol and it never smoked after that.

why do people hate yamalube besides the fact that it messes up your plugs whats wrong with it?

When I ran Yamalube I was fouling plugs continuously, the bike smoked alot and I had a crank seperate and tear up my motor. I realize that the crank seperating is not reallt the oils fault, but I think there are far better oils that protect your engine from damage. I have been running Klotz R50 for the last 15+ years and I like it much better- I have 7+ years on my current topend and it has lost 10 pounds of compression in that time, I rarely foul a plug and the bike smokes very little. Everytime I have had my cylinders off, the bottom end has a nice film of oil on everything.

a friend of mine swears by it but i'll only run it in my boys blade z moby scooter.super techniplate for me

If you run the right oil to gas mixture you should very rarely foul plugs. I have been running 2R on my shees for 15 + years and have never had an issue and never foul plugs. Back before the hight performance 4 strokes were common many of the factory motocross teams used Yamalube because it is that good.

Chris

If you run the right oil to gas mixture you should very rarely foul plugs. I have been running 2R on my shees for 15 + years and have never had an issue and never foul plugs. Back before the hight performance 4 strokes were common many of the factory motocross teams used Yamalube because it is that good.

Chris

They used it because they were getting paid to use it, it's all about the money.

Edited by bansheesandrider

They used it because they were getting paid to use it, it's all about the money.

Exactly, I used to ride a yz490. When I ran yamalube if I didnt replace a piston and rebore every 3 months then it popped a skirt and foulded a plug about every 4 hours riding time. Switched to spectro, plugs would last a whole weekend and pistons about a year, switched to dominator and have never had to replace a piston or a plug the last 3 years I had it.

I use it and am happy with how it's worked so far. Been using it for a couple of decades and have not had an oil failure yet. In fact, now that I think about it, I've gone through 24+ quarts of 2r since the build over the last 3 seasons....that's 240+ gallons of fuel. Still have great compression and never foul plugs either. I usually go through 1 set of plugs per season.

I switched out the top end in my 2000 YZ250 a couple of years ago just to do it and it still looked perfect in every respect. Crank was in spec, piston looked new, no hard carbon to chip off (except for a little bit in the very front of the head pipe). I would have just tossed in a set of rings and reused the piston but I had a new kit to throw in so now it'll be good 'till 2015!! :headbang:

Guess what I'm saying is, 2r isn't crap, people that use it like it however people that have no experience with it like to bash it. Most engine failures I've seen aren't attributed to oil but to shit jetting, poor parts selection, over straining the engine design by high RPM, or simply not knowing how to ride a 2 stroke.

I did notice that the newer bottle design doesn't state it's a synthetic blend any longer, in fact it doesn't even state that it's oil!! :jesterlaugh: