electric fan?

banshee55615

Was curious if anyone has ever tried installing an electric fan on their banshee. If so was a bigger stator needed?

My buddie put a computer cooling tower fan on his bike and wired it to his high beam light wire,so when you turned the high beams on the fan cam on.Those fans don't take hardly any power so no stator change had to be made.It was one of those brushless motor ones.

My buddie put a computer cooling tower fan on his bike and wired it to his high beam light wire,so when you turned the high beams on the fan cam on.Those fans don't take hardly any power so no stator change had to be made.It was one of those brushless motor ones.

i so need to try that, i have 2 120mm computer fans just laying around....

The fans worked good when we were down doing tree shots and hill shots, running the piss out of the bikes were there was no air flow and you aren't going very fast.You don't need fans when you are moving

I gotcha. I am normaly always moving. If I am still, I have it off. I just now got into tree shots on the last dune trip. Shit is a blast!!!

• 1 year later...

I put a puller fan on the radiator of a bike I had a few years back... It was a 4" Spal puller fan, fits on back of radiator at top left corner (barely room for it). This way you don't have to look at a big ugly fan, and it worked great. Then I build and mounted a battery box under the seat where the factory airbox was located. Then ran power off of it to the fan with a switch mounted under the gas tank. I wanted to buy a thermostat that would plumb in line which would turn the fan on and off as needed but sold the bike before I found one. The fan and battery is in no way linked to the electrical system on the bike, so when I was done riding I would just hook a trickle charger to the battery to keep it charged up and ready. Dont know exactly how long the fan would run on one charge but I would ride all day on sats and suns and never run out of juice.

• 5 months later...

I agree...a fan on a 2stroke? WTF?

not necessarily stupid but it seems ridiculous,every time when i see rise in temp i just take it for few quick straight runs and i guess it cool itself better than any fan but if u r in woods or somewhere where u cant do it i guess fan becomes more than useful