Locked up again.

video tape the fight for me will yah.. im serious.. but you can put it in gear. put some wait on the rear end and push it and c if the motor does a compression stroke. idk if the kicker gear mess up, will destroy my plan.

but if it is frozen over wich i dont think it is. pull the motor pull the head and put some oil all over the top of the piston. give it some time to settle and go by the rings. if you put a block of wood on top of the piston and give it a few taps with a hammer it should come free... this is the way i do it and no bashing for that its just the way i learned. but this is after you took of the clutch and stator cover and checked everything out.

rejett your carbs. bigger pilot or move the needle up one click.. what do you guys think about his jetting just to help him out with his no gas problem.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont give a fuck what you say bro, i dont let nothin sit for 24hrs to mate, slap it together and go never had any leaks and i been building 2 strokes since you were in dipers.

Well Baker, I think you should take a chill pill and shut the hell up. :angry:

Everybody do yourself a favor and check Baker's profile. While your there click on "Topics" and you'll find ALL of the posts HE started. Like the one in January 2010...where he asks for help figuring out how to split his cases because he's changing his crank and he's never split cases before. <_< Guess your a busy guy now since your claiming to have built 5 banshee's over the winter. :notworthy::shootself: Try being a nice guy and just answering peoples questions without standing on them to make yourself look bigger. Your a NOOB who's trying to pump his own ego by razzing others who ask for help. Don't go telling people you've been building banshee's since they were in diapers when your sitting in a wet spot while your typing. :evil:

Aren't you the one who claimed at one point that your brother AND your dad were certified Yamaha service tech's? :yank: There's nothing wrong with being a noobie....everyone was at one point in life. But don't be a NOOB who thinks he's got a Black Belt in advice. Just shut up and read for a year or two. <_<

what takes 3 hrs to clean? split the cases scrape the old yamabond off, give it a good wipedown and put it back together i dont see how it would take 3 hrs to clean it, but it wouldnt be the hq if there wasnt a few people who like to call bullshit on a simple statement that has nothing to do with them. for the retards who cant believe its capable of being done your more than welcome to come to ny with your blown up motor and ill show ya, other than that shut the fuck up. oh also ive been building 2 strokes for a long time too and i built 5 shees over the winter, its not hard at all :cheers:

Sleeper06 built my motor 110 percent and it is spotless,flawless,and puts 4mil ported motors to shame on a stock crank. Basically if you put a motor together in 3hrs can't be surprised if it locks up.

sorry for getting off topic,I live in ny also, maybe you would like to tell me to shut up to my face and see how that works out,im not going talk shit on a thread.Im a face to face guy .I just think you sounded like your bragging about shit and putting someone else down instead of helping.(516)852-4969

call me if you still wanna act gangsta

LOL!

inet_tough_guy.jpg

Well Baker, I think you should take a chill pill and shut the hell up. :angry:

Everybody do yourself a favor and check Baker's profile. While your there click on "Topics" and you'll find ALL of the posts HE started. Like the one in January 2010...where he asks for help figuring out how to split his cases because he's changing his crank and he's never split cases before. <_< Guess your a busy guy now since your claiming to have built 5 banshee's over the winter. :notworthy::shootself: Try being a nice guy and just answering peoples questions without standing on them to make yourself look bigger. Your a NOOB who's trying to pump his own ego by razzing others who ask for help. Don't go telling people you've been building banshee's since they were in diapers when your sitting in a wet spot while your typing. :evil:

Aren't you the one who claimed at one point that your brother AND your dad were certified Yamaha service tech's? :yank: There's nothing wrong with being a noobie....everyone was at one point in life. But don't be a NOOB who thinks he's got a Black Belt in advice. Just shut up and read for a year or two. <_<

The only thing you're missing here is the photo of the Internet Tough Guy! LMFAO!

SP

The Banshee engine is a very simple to build.I dont get why he wants to come in here and talk smack?You dont even have to bother with the transmission like most engines.So wha this guys point?Sure anyone could build one of these in a few hours,but I dont even see why you would want to?So did you figure out why its locked up?

As some of you know, I have been building a new motor from the crank up since february. I have done a vitos crank, wiseco pistons, MS trail port, vitos hemi head with 20 cc domes and some other small stuff. Im at 270' above sea level.

Yesterday I got her all done, mixed up 91 octane at 16:1 (blue marble premix) as per the clymer manual for initial break in. Once their was fuel in it and I kicked it over a few times, I came to realize that there was no fuel getting to the carbs. I checked the overflows at the botton of the bowls, and there was fuel there as well. I decided to see if it woulkd fire, so I took off the airbox and squirted about 10-20ml of fuel in each carb and tried again. It fired up first kick, and I was about as happy as I could have been. It idled for five to ten seconds, then sorta coughed and shut off. I thought it was out of gas, so I squirted a bit more in so that I could screw around with the idle a bit, thrn tried to turn it over. Thats when my worst fear became reality, as the kicker had locked up.

I did everything by the manual, and I cant figure out what I might have done wrong? I didnt think taking the airbox off for 20 seconds would lean it out? I never touched the throttle, it only idled!

Any help would be great, Im also considering offers! LOL!

Did you lube all moving parts before starting it up? Such as cylinders, cank and piston dowls. I've seen what can happen to a car running

with no oil. locked up motor.

I tell you what,if you dont figure it out,ship it to me ill correct it and ship it back no charge,you should have my number in the first page,this is because I dont beleive your an idiot but shit happens,I have had tons of shit happen to me too.Try yourself first let me know

Ok guys, thanks to your suggestions, Weve figured it out. Actually it was one of the first posts that I tried. The kicker gear had given me trouble during assembly, and it was the bushing which had prevented the gear from being able to mesh correctly, therefore seeming seized.

I got it running tonight and started the break in of the motor. Thanks to all who helped on this, it feels great to accomplish my first new motor.

Sweet :headbang:

Thank you firebanshee for a couple of months ago taking the time to follow up with me and answer my questions about my port job. After riding it tonight for the first time, and having to take it easy for break in. I cant wait to be able to open it up.

It made it all worth while tonight when I cleaned up the carbs, and it started on the second kick . Idled perfectly!