Should Seller's rule #8 be enforced?

Deadbeat Seller Repremand  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

#8 really wasnt broken.

You paid him money and he sent you the wheels and tires you wanted. How is that a Deadbeat seller?

The problem is that YOU settled for the pic he send you, and HE didnt disclose the damage. If he told me there were scraps and scratches I would have asked for pics of the damage, but apparently that didn't happen.

By the pic's you posted the lip of the rim looks to be the only real damage. The slightly oblonged holes, and markes that the lug nuts, and where the wheel makes contact with the Hub are just wear and tear. Some time's buyers have higher expectations than what they should for a USED item. If you really wanted bran new wheels and tires, then that is what you should have boughten. You can go broke saving money.

josh

#8 really wasnt broken.

You paid him money and he sent you the wheels and tires you wanted. How is that a Deadbeat seller?

The problem is that YOU settled for the pic he send you, and HE didnt disclose the damage. If he told me there were scraps and scratches I would have asked for pics of the damage, but apparently that didn't happen.

By the pic's you posted the lip of the rim looks to be the only real damage. The slightly oblonged holes, and markes that the lug nuts, and where the wheel makes contact with the Hub are just wear and tear. Some time's buyers have higher expectations than what they should for a USED item. If you really wanted bran new wheels and tires, then that is what you should have boughten. You can go broke saving money.

josh

I agree.

Caveat emptor. The BHQ can't be banning everyone who has a bad deal. Iv only said it a billion times, "buyer beware". Sorry. Everyone needs to use this as an example when buying used ATV parts or anything in used condition. If the seller was a good man, he would just refund you the money. Bringing your bad deal to the attention of the forum and leaving negative feedback is the best you can do in a situation like this. The guy who sold you the rims clearly hid the defects and thats shady as all hell. If he is a good man, then he would refund your cash. If he refuses, then let the world know he's a douchebag who scams people. Banning people over personal transactions is, IMO, none of BHQ's business. I think rule #8 is retarded and should be removed.

i agree with jbooker and meat..

i really dont like top use rule #8 and i put it there to try to deter people from selling junk.

i really only like to use rule #8 in severe situations such as one where a motor was disclosed as a certain stroke and then come to find out, its not what the seller said it was. ignorance of the item youre selling is no excuse. if i spend money to buy a 4mm motor, it damn well better be a 4mm motor.

another scenario would be sending money and never receiving an item. thats uncalled for and a blatant scam. HQ doesnt need those types of people running around.

other than those situations, rule #8 is not exercised. i think there have been two people banned in the last year due to extreme circumstances and in both cases i tried contacting the members myself through PM and e-mail with no response and both people had been online many times while i was trying to contact them.

in this specific case, i think both parties are at fault. more information should have been disclosed and more pictures should have been asked for.

This is why I'd prefer parts that are 2100 miles closer to me. From the photo I saw I'd be looking from 30 feet away. We all learn from life's experiences. next time you'll know to ask for close-ups of parts. Also the rest of us learn from others problems. I'm not building a Trailer Queen , I'd be running them bitches. Ain't got a clue how you you'ld get a gouge like that in the sand.

well, at that price, you kinda got what you paid for, but i would have probably asked for pics of the "dents" for sure. and the wobble marks are kinda messed up to not disclose, but i would have to see them in person. mabey -20 on the price, mabey. i would've bought them knowing they look like that and fixed them.....yes, i can fix them, so if you want to dump them cheap, i may be interested in just the rims.

i really only like to use rule #8 in severe situations such as one where a motor was disclosed as a certain stroke and then come to find out, its not what the seller said it was. ignorance of the item youre selling is no excuse. if i spend money to buy a 4mm motor, it damn well better be a 4mm motor.

another scenario would be sending money and never receiving an item. thats uncalled for and a blatant scam. HQ doesnt need those types of people running around.

other than those situations, rule #8 is not exercised.

All valid points. I can agree with that logic.

Can you imagine having to be the judge every time someone gets a bum deal. Used ATV parts yet.

If you get caught up in a bad transaction with someone here, what I'd recommend doing is, is publicly call the dude out by starting a post where you can state your case. There's a forum section just for doing this action. The Feedback forum. Or post your negative feedback in one of the disc forums if you want more people to read it. Obviously make sure you try every effort to sort out the problems before you start making threads.

I changed my vote from "WTF do I care" to " Make a 2,133 mile trip to shove them up his ass." :cheers:

All valid points. I can agree with that logic.

Can you imagine having to be the judge every time someone gets a bum deal. Used ATV parts yet.

If you get caught up in a bad transaction with someone here, what I'd recommend doing is, is publicly call the dude out by starting a post where you can state your case. There's a forum section just for doing this action. The Feedback forum. Or post your negative feedback in one of the disc forums if you want more people to read it. Obviously make sure you try every effort to sort out the problems before you start making threads.

I changed my vote from "WTF do I care" to " Make a 2,133 mile trip to shove them up his ass." :cheers:

thats the thing Denny, everyone wants me to be a judge. i get PM's from both sides with all these points and they all think they are right. hell, i dont wanna be a judge to that shit! like i said, in the couple extreme cases i checked into it myself and when the members didnt even answer me some simple questions, i took that as an admission of guilt and banned them.

i think anyone that pulls some shit like that ought to be banned from being able to breathe as well as from a website that they use as an avenue to peddle their junk. all their numbnut shady friends that come in to justify the transaction ought to be banned also. :rolleyes::rotflmao::headbang::dance::yank::clap::bolt:

I think if anyone is dishonest enough, to not disclose any product defects, whether it be in the description, or the pictures, then NOBODY should ever buy anything from them. Dishonest douche bags like that, make it harder on everyone else to sell things, and that's not right at all. I wish I could change my vote to, "fold them in half, set them on fire, and shove them up his stupid ass!"

$100 plus shipping, he quoted me $31 and change. I sent him $125 gift with Paypal.

I think I could pull my money back listing them on ebay. The fact is he was way off on his description. I am a man of Principle, I hate assholes like this.

You want to buy them Papa?

thats why I don't buy used stuff I can't inspect myself, not worth the hasel a savings, thats to bad you got screwed!

I think if anyone is dishonest enough, to not disclose any product defects, whether it be in the description, or the pictures, then NOBODY should ever buy anything from them.

Right on. Don't buy parts from guys with shady feedback. If your research tells you the seller was douche bag in the past, don't deal with him. We need to shun the fuckers just like the Amish do :headbang:. Even if the douche bag in question is offering a great deal... don't buy from him. Don't support em.

You gotta do a history search on the guy who is selling parts. Look at the seller's feedback information, their post count and join date. And its been said a million times, but get pictures from every angle. Everyone has a digital camera, there is no good reason why a seller can't take 12 high res pictures for the buyer. Ask the seller a lot of questions before you buy.