• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My turkey season is officially over...

Got me a nice bird this morning. A younger gobbler, a "jake"

Shot him at 9am, he followed the script like I expected. I've been seeing the flock of birds mostly every morning between 8:30am-10am the days I was out scouting.

I used my Remington Model 700 .221 Remington Fireball. The shot was a little over 100 yards.

Now it's time for a bear...

Turkey7.jpg

Turkey8.jpg

This is a shed to the buck that I got on camera in 2008 (I have about 100 pics of him). He wasn't seen last year but someone in the area saw a buck of similar size this year. My brother and I have gotten a few bucks in the 140 area on camera this year, and the activity is just now starting to pick up.

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l584/68chevyc10355/?action=view&current=SUNP0056.jpg#!oZZ5QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1125.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fl584%2F68chevyc10355%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DSUNP0114.jpg%26

Got shut-out during bow season this year. Had a couple close calls, if they would only have taken one or two more steps to get past a tree and into a shooting lane, but it didn't happen. So rifle season opened at the start of Nov. Got this hog today, he has a huge body, but his horns were kinda wonky. He is nice and wide with good mass and height but he is missing his G2's on both sides. We had pics of him last year but never saw him. In the pics it looks like he was bigger last year, must have been getting older and on the downward slide.

p_00092.jpg

p_00094.jpg

First off I want to say this is not my kill, its a guy off a forum I'm on. This bear is a real slammer and was taken in PA. I figured since Tony was talking about bear hunting I'd post it this dude was taking on opening day with a crossbow. You PA boys might of already heard about it, but its live weight was 875lbs and it dressed at 744lbs. Here are a couple of pics.

dscn2254.jpg

dscn2234z.jpg

dscn2252g.jpg

First off I want to say this is not my kill, its a guy off a forum I'm on. This bear is a real slammer and was taken in PA. I figured since Tony was talking about bear hunting I'd post it this dude was taking on opening day with a crossbow. You PA boys might of already heard about it, but its live weight was 875lbs and it dressed at 744lbs. Here are a couple of pics.

dscn2254.jpg

dscn2234z.jpg

dscn2252g.jpg

Wow :notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...