BOWHUNTING.. Post up!

SheezFast02

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is my 18th season. Iv shot a shitpile of does, a handfull of scrappy bucks, but no big ones yet.

x2 on that meat.. this is my 16th yr.. ive had maybe 2 chances to kill wall hangers , but not even close to bow range!!.. Itll happen Meat dont worry.. !! :headbang:

Took this buck today at 8:30am. My hunting partner is also pictured, he's been hunting with me for years.

Time to start getting the turkey gear ready. I'm cameraman now until turkey season opens. Then I get to hunt again.

This wasn't my biggest, and not my smallest. But I am very proud of him. He was a very good looking deer, healthy too.

Around 16" spread.

I shoot a Hoyt Vectrix, with Gold Tip Pro Hunter 5575 shafts, topped with Slick Trick 100 grain Magnums.

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Thanks Tyler. It's rough terrain on that mountain for sure. But me and my buddy do really well with bucks. They don't like the easy routes like does do. They take the billy goat routes this early in the season.

Dragging him out was a little rough. Where we found him piled up wasn't in the best location obviously. I was alone dragging too. The buddy went back for the truck and met me at another location to load it up.

Took awhile to say the least. Every buck I ever got did as well. Most came from that mountain.

Congrats Tony!! I hope I'm gonna be posting some good pics here soon, I got 5 different wall hangers that I've been seeing around 2 of my stands. I just havent got a shot yet, but we have an early muzzleloader season starting next thurs. So I'm praying.

Thanks!

Good luck in your chase for your buck! :cheers:

So did you get any video on this kill? Im still searching for my first wallhanger.. Shot my share of scrappy bucks... Ive chased more big dear to people then ive seen !! haha Hopefully my day or days will come!!! As i hope to post some pics this yr!!!

I'd love to go out west to do some hunting. I'd like to hunt a big Mule deer with the bow. Spot and stalk.

I'd also like to hunt the midwest for Whitetails. They grow them much bigger out in the midwest then we do on the East Coast for sure

I am getting my stuff ready for fall turkey season. I loaded up 15 rounds for my Model 700 Classic chambered in .221 Remington Fireball. It's a very good round for turkeys.

I will be going to the range to get it sighted in for 100 yards, although it's already very close as I shoot that rifle year around. I will use it for rainy days watching the fields.

I am also going to take my shotgun as I picked up some new ammo for it. Winchester Supreme #5 shot. I always traditionally used #4 Winchester Supremes. My gun really liked Winchester #4's and Federal #6 shot. So I am going to take all 3, including the new ammo, to see what it likes the best.

I'll have both guns ready for turkey, and will pick up either one depending on where I am going and what situation I will be hunting in.

After the turkey is down, the bow gets picked back up for a week long archery season here for bear. If that fails, the rifle gets pulled out and we got 3 long days of driving for bears up at camp in Tioga County PA.

I'm looking forward to it. While my deer is down, I got alot of hunting to do yet.

With the rainy day today, it would be a perfect day for turkeys...