Its time for a new car

00sheerzr

Well i recently sold my saab 93 that i had my heart and soul into and im ready for something new well less then 80k,( preowned) lol i have narrowed it down to a few cars and i would like to hear if anyone has any experience with them, problem, miles, repair cost,..... ect. ok so here we go ........

1) 04+ acura tsx 6spd m/t i would take it in auto for the right price

2) 02+ acura rsx type s 6spd m/t

3) 04+ acura tl 6 spd m/t would also take in auto for the right price

4) 02+ subaru wrx sedan or wagon must be 5 spd

5) any year nissan 350z is a possibilty but not likely

6) 02+ audi tt m/t do they come in 5 or 6spd???

if anyone has ever owned any of these cars and would like to give me advice on them it would greatly appreciated thanks

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been thinking about a truck but im really not a truck person so thats out of the picture, im looking to finance something so it will have to be something that i am going to not have problems with and i will keep for at least 5 years , the CL-s up to 03 imo isnt something that appeals to me and i dont think they come in manual shift, i have heard wrx trannys are junk aswell, i would like to go the acura/honda route for reliability, performance, and style , what would be alot of miles for an acura 04+ tl or tsx, i dont drive far at all so i wount be putting alot of miles on it ,............ around here you can get an 04 or 05 tl in 6 speed with 80k for about 12-14k, same with the tsx

my brother in law drove his legend to 270k miles. my buddies dad also has an old legend with 250+ i think you can expect 150k or better from an acura before any significant repairs.

i had a 97 lexus es300 that i bought for 10k drove for 5 years and sold for 2700 which was probably too low cause it sold in 4 hrs. no problems at all just reg maint. My cost per year was under $1500. Id take a look 99, 00, and 01 es300. Also used it to tow my yfz and 4x8 trailer and it towed great. Has good small v6 with good power. In 02 they went to bigger body and less sporty. I have that one 03 now and don't like it as much as the 97.

Now this is what u should go with but not this one cause this beast is mine lol hey that's just my 2cents!! The new model is out so u can find them pretty cheap rite now!!

01m35.jpg

Here's it with a different look, just to give u an idea!! It's crazy how the car looks a different color when i took the picture inside!!

01m32.jpg

nice M\\\ i love the e46 body better than the other but i think im going with a 04+ wrx i can use the awd too, the 02s and 03s tranmissions are glass but the 04s and 05s arent much better but im not going to get one until like 3 months and i just gota keep my eyes open for a low mileage one less than like 70k or maybe a nice clean sti for around 16 or 17k

• 3 weeks later...

DO NOT buy an SRT-4, pure garbage and FWD. IF you want a Turboed import the only way to go is AWD. Either WRX, STi, or an EVO, EVO MR. Subarus are much more reliable but the EVO is alittle faster in a straight line off the shelf. What is your budget?

Edited by Scotty