best tire for hillclimbing in sand?

vulvafan537240

geckos suck. i would run stock knobbies over the sand gecko any day of the week. a skat trak straight paddle will work best. the size of tire and amount of paddles depends on mods and length of swinger.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like haulers. A 21 or 22" would be best. The taller tire keeps the back end from dragging in the sand when you get into the really chewed up or deep ruts.

the taller ones 21 or 22" are also more ballooned than a 20" one just because of the selection of tires that they make them from, the ballooning cups the paddle more and will hook a little better

the taller ones 21 or 22" are also more ballooned than a 20" one just because of the selection of tires that they make them from, the ballooning cups the paddle more and will hook a little better

21 or 22 in on a 10 in rim wont be near as balooned as a 8 in rim would. Definatly a hauler or strait paddle will be awesome for climbing, but for all around dune riding donuts whatever, either a scat trak edge or aero speed most v paddles allow you to slide more than str8 paddles. And if all you have is the geckos use them but really are a poor tire, hard rubber

post-35987-12743341737623_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I like the extreem hauler the best,they don't fold back as easy.

I just got a set of 8 paddle haulers on itp wheels, and a set of single rib front tires on stock wheels that have been used very little they look like new for 215 bucks :dance:

• 1 month later...