sellers that charge pay pal fees

SD1026

Normaly when I sell something I make the price more than fair or else I just keep it. If someones trying to sell something at full retail even after being used and wants paypsl fees tell him to shove it. But for ex when I sold my shocks to jj I was taxed something around 40 usd witch is outrageous but the price we have to pay for the middle mans security. It should be on the buyer to cover all fee because most times we underprice some of our items on the bhq to keep it in the family. Don't blame the seller blame paypal and consider useing google checkout

I agree, larger items you have to charge, but I try to factor that into the price from the start. Smaller items I don't worry so much. On the flip side though If I buy something and they give me a fair price I will usually throw in couple extra bucks to help them off set the paypal fees.

Like loco said gift it, that way no fee's. If not add the % into your price. In most cases, not all your talking about a few bucks, when i see +paypal fees i feel like the seller is nickle and diming.

yeah, thats the only thing that kind of bugs me. if you're gonna charge a paypal fee just add it into the initial cost, dont tell sombody how much something costs and then charge them a fee. thats like having a fine print that isnt written. banghead

I always say add paypal fees on items over 100 bucks or so. Here's why...people pay with Money Orders, etc.

Why add the fee in if they're going to send a check or MO.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. With the "gift" option on Paypal...it got much more convienient real quick.

It'll only be a matter of time before they lock that down or do away with it.

3 cents on the dollar for millions of dollars worth of transactions is big bucks....

I have been a little skeptical of the "gift" way of sending money. What happens if at the end of the year paypal submits everyones info that has used the gift option to the IRS? I know that wouldn't be in their best interest as far as keeping customers, but it just seems to easy to say it is a gift and not have to pay a fee....

And if that were ever to happen, you would much rather pay 3% than whatever the IRS charges for gift tax.....like 45% isn't it?