Puking coolent

This is my first banshee and I rebuilt it. After I rebuilt it I would take it out and after awhile it would start puking coolent. I thought that it was the headgasket so I got a genuine yamaha headgasket and put copper spray on it and torqued them down and rechecked them. Today it was 50 degree's so I took the banshee out and all was good. I did a 1-6 gear pull for the first time ever and it puked up coolent again. I'm thinking the only thing that it could be is lean! I've been waiting to do a plug chop until the riding temperature was around were I would be doing most of my riding at. My banshee has T3 toomey's, boyseen reeds and a proflow filter and adaptor. I am running a 29.5 pilot and a 290 main jet in 679 feet elevation. I'm running Engine Ice coolent.

any suggestions or ideas??

where is it spitting coolant? do you have a coolant bottle? how much is it losing?

i think your jetting sounds pretty close and definitely not anything thats going to cause you to spit coolant.

it sounds like something might be pressurizing your coolant system. at 50 degrees, you shouldnt be overheating too badly.. also, how long did you run it?

Do you have it overfull? When I fill mine, I fill the radiator, start the bike and let it idle until it is fully warm. Then I take it for a spin,under both heavy and light load at high and low speed, come back, let it idle for a minute and shut it down and let it cool completely. After it is cool, I check the level cold and it is usually just above the core in the top tank, this is where I run it. It is normal for it to spit a little coolant during this process, but it should only spit it out until it stabilizes the level. If it continues to blow coolant every time you ride it, something else is wrong. Of course I have done away with the overflow bottle.

do you mean a 27.5 pilot?

If you take the rad cap off, start the bike. Do you see air bubbles? What head do you have? Im guessing if your saying that itsnt the head gasket. Im going to say that you might have a warped head/jugs. A crack or the gasket didnt seal. If you say its Puking coolent. Then air is being compressed into the coolent fluid causing an over presser making the cap open and shoot out coolent.

Or you have over heated causing a warped head/jug. Also, when you got the new gasket, did you get it for the new bore size?

do you mean a 27.5 pilot?

If you take the rad cap off, start the bike. Do you see air bubbles? What head do you have? Im guessing if your saying that itsnt the head gasket. Im going to say that you might have a warped head/jugs. A crack or the gasket didnt seal. If you say its Puking coolent. Then air is being compressed into the coolent fluid causing an over presser making the cap open and shoot out coolent.

Or you have over heated causing a warped head/jug. Also, when you got the new gasket, did you get it for the new bore size?

Yes a 27.5 pilot sorry typo... I have stock head that is square, I checked it before assy. I did not order a headgasket for the new .020 over bore? Could that be my problem? It has 125 compression on both cyl. so it doesn't appear to have a leak. Suggestions?

Edited by WantABanshee

yes I have a stock impeller but when it first started happening I took the cover off and rotated the kick starter and it worked fine...

This is really killing my Banshee experience..

I can't tell you this is your entire problem but the stock plastic ones are open ended on the impeller fins and don't move near the coolant as the aftermarket ones do. Put foam sticky tape around the outside of your radiator so it goes between your rad shroud and your rad. This forces ALL the air to go through your rad instead of around it. Air will take the path of least resistance. My buddy had a new bashee and after alot of hard riding it would spit coolant and after the foam trick no more spitting coolant.

I can't tell you this is your entire problem but the stock plastic ones are open ended on the impeller fins and don't move near the coolant as the aftermarket ones do. Put foam sticky tape around the outside of your radiator so it goes between your rad shroud and your rad. This forces ALL the air to go through your rad instead of around it. Air will take the path of least resistance. My buddy had a new bashee and after alot of hard riding it would spit coolant and after the foam trick no more spitting coolant.

got a pic of the sticky foam trick?? Maybe it is my impeller i'll have to take a look at it.