is 125mph beliveable?

mustarogz

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How accurate do you suppose a GPS mounted on the bike is?

With my Duncan 403 Eliminator motor, 15 / 40 gearing, 18" holeshot MXR6 rears, on pavement I would max out right at 80mph consistently, according to the gps unit I was using. When using the same gps unit in a car with factory sized tires it paces exactly the same as the speedo.

How accurate do you suppose a GPS mounted on the bike is?

With my Duncan 403 Eliminator motor, 15 / 40 gearing, 18" holeshot MXR6 rears, on pavement I would max out right at 80mph consistently, according to the gps unit I was using. When using the same gps unit in a car with factory sized tires it paces exactly the same as the speedo.

You definetly have the right gears for 80, those 18" tires arnt going to help the matter though. I dont know how accurate thos gps's are on a quad but there pretty accurate inside the car, at least the garmin we use. Post up some pics of how you got it mounted, curious to see, wouldnt mind having one on my quad!

Cody

Now no laughing here.

I was holding it in my left hand while using a pinky grip on the bars and hangin on tight with the right. It was a TOM TOM unit. I figured it was probably the most accurate reading that I was going to be able to produce short of a radar gun.

Things are still pretty smooth on my machine at that speed and it feels as though it would pull a 16t pretty easily and still be real happy. I'd like to try a 17t in the future and see how it feels and what kind of speed the gps unit would actualy read.

i didnt bother reading all the post in this thread for obvious reasons but 100+ mph on a banshee based motor is hard to do...now its diffently not impossible ive been 101mph in the 1/8th mile. that was with a 4mm cub(100hp) on gas shearer custon pipes(11,000rpm) 18" american racer tire (balanced) 1-5 override tranny gearing ranging from 17-19 on the front and as low as 34 on the back, of cousre a drag chassis +10 front and +12-14 rear. no paul turner pipe or bike with anything less then that will do 100+

73 mph in sand (very smooth sand first thing in the morning) with 13/41 gears 21" haulers, 4 mil HJR port with shearers. Checked by radar gun. 63 mph on a piped and ported honda 450R. 38 mph with a 40lbs jockey on a 250ex.

Reworked porting and new tranny gearing on the HJR. Waiting to see the difference. 100 mph is hard to come by on a 350 motor for sure. Even on pavement. Regular tires don't spin well at that speed!

SP

How accurate are the trailtechs? It said I hit 101mph on my 4 mill Fast full drag port. Stock gearing, 20" tires on c12 gas in front of my house on the highway. It didn't feel 100. And I'm not stating I was doing that. Guess I could put gps in my pocket as it records top mph. Trailtech is still holding that 101 too if ya wanna see. Lol