Turbo Banshee

johstoncounty banshee

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said it once and I'll say it again. AEROCHARGER! Just Google that. Completely self contained, so space is not a factor and weight savings are extreme. They have even developed their smaller variable vane units to work with two stroke applications. As far as pipe, just call shearer and get ONE made. Single pipes and plenums are tried and proven by Matt Shearer, Dan Hull, and a few other known names. Unless you got full dyno access, stick with the proven combos.

Said it once and I'll say it again. AEROCHARGER! Just Google that. Completely self contained, so space is not a factor and weight savings are extreme. They have even developed their smaller variable vane units to work with two stroke applications. As far as pipe, just call shearer and get ONE made. Single pipes and plenums are tried and proven by Matt Shearer, Dan Hull, and a few other known names. Unless you got full dyno access, stick with the proven combos.

aerocharger's arent good for turning up the boost unless you want to stay around 16-18psi. and that is pushing them.

shearer didnt want to make a turbo pipe when i was looking as well. cpi was the only company willing to build one and that took a little time to get it done.

still nothing??

mine is getting close, its been slow moving because i had to go back and change a few parts that were done but didnt fit exactly how it needed. ive gotten to the point now that im mainly waiting on me. setting up the fuel system and a few other small things like a oring set from twister to have the head back on.

• 2 weeks later...

oh wow neato is that PLENUM behind the carbs??

how about a pic of the business side?

keep us posted how it goes!@

yes that is the plenum behind the carbs, heres a better pic of it.

IMG-20110610-00032.jpg

IMG-20110610-00031.jpg

this is an older pic of when we were fitting up the tail pipe off the turbo.

IMG-20110512-00013.jpg

IMG-20110512-00012.jpg

IMG-20100824-00025.jpg

i havent gotten to run it just yet, it should be on the dyno soon and ill get some graphs to post up as well.

Edited by lowriderb

My ex-buddy here in atlanta had a turbo, stock carbs, cylinders, stroke, port, on alky. The cylinders were reinforced or welded on the sides. Use to go down to atlanta motor speedway and woop on a few rookies. Thing was so touchy feely. We run 8th mile so at the starting line it was one temperture and at the finish it was a different temp. Out of 10 passes it would make 2 good ones. Dam thing get half way down the track and start popping. Everytime i used to scream in his ear "TURBOS ARE NOT FOR TWO STROKES". But you guys probally have better luck running 300 ft

My ex-buddy here in atlanta had a turbo, stock carbs, cylinders, stroke, port, on alky. The cylinders were reinforced or welded on the sides. Use to go down to atlanta motor speedway and woop on a few rookies. Thing was so touchy feely. We run 8th mile so at the starting line it was one temperture and at the finish it was a different temp. Out of 10 passes it would make 2 good ones. Dam thing get half way down the track and start popping. Everytime i used to scream in his ear "TURBOS ARE NOT FOR TWO STROKES". But you guys probally have better luck running 300 ft

running alcohol is finiky enough, then the tuning on turbo's seem finiky. thats why i was setting mine up to run race fuel or maybe even pump gas (i doubt it though). the tuning for gas motors is a little more forgiving than alcohol so it should say a little more consistant im hoping.

i got my bike started and took it up the street a few times just to cycle the gears and everything. i had the boost controller closed so it didnt build any boost at all just yet. it will be on the dyno monday after next (cause ill be working all next week) and hopefully to the track the following wednesday if i can help it.

looks awesome..

you guys should REALLY look at the automotive world of turbos' most of the issues are worked out. and a blow thorough should be able to work well if too much boost is not used..

seems to me fuel pressure, boost pressure, and keeping everything from blowing off is the biggest hurdles.

looks awesome..

you guys should REALLY look at the automotive world of turbos' most of the issues are worked out. and a blow thorough should be able to work well if too much boost is not used..

seems to me fuel pressure, boost pressure, and keeping everything from blowing off is the biggest hurdles.

the automotive forums and such is where i read up a decent bit on the blow through set up. it seems for the banshee owners that the blow through is the most economic way to get results. the fuel injection set ups are always an option as well.