Largest bore with Modquad/Coolhead domes?

Hey guys; im at 65.25 bore and have modquad heads. Need to go bigger to clean up some damage but all the domes I see are listed as up to 65.5. Whats needed to run coolheads/pro design/modquad up to 66 or 66.5 bores?

Thanks for your help.

CJ

look around pro design makes domes for big bore setups.. either that or u will have to get a blank head the pro design xtreme head. and have a machine shop cut the combustion chamber to your spec.

Hey guys; im at 65.25 bore and have modquad heads. Need to go bigger to clean up some damage but all the domes I see are listed as up to 65.5. Whats needed to run coolheads/pro design/modquad up to 66 or 66.5 bores?

Thanks for your help.

CJ

I Should have stated, largest small bore. Im still running stock sleeves and Max bore is 66.50 with stock sleeves, so will my modquad domes still work or will i have to put my stock head back on?

NOSS makes the modquad heads, so you need to get in contact with "dlnoss" here on HQ. he will get you set up with the right domes for your setup.

Um your backwards there Loco. Modquad makes the vitos and may make the noss. I think Noss actually has there own design and it similar to the modquad. I may be wrong, but I no they DO NOT make the modquad head. I no for a fact they make heads for most that have one similar to theres. Just an FYI. Ive been to the modquad headquarters and have personally seen the heads being made and different company names etched on them.

Not trying to start an argument just adjusting some info.

Give me a call CJ. Ill be heading down there next week and can get you the info you need.

Heres some more info on all the domes available. You may need a blank set of domes and have them custom cut.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125216

Ya they are identical. So are the Vitos heads, modquad does make them though. They actually make alot more parts and do some other work for other companies than most no. Like the laser etching. Blingstar doesnt do there own. I dont no why some people dont care for there products. Like I just said alot of those products your getting from other places are made by modquad. I think they have come along way from when they first started. I understand it takes awhile for companies to gain respect and some notarity but i personally belive in there product and they have really helped me get where im at today with my businesss. I owe alot to this site and to modquad for giving me the opportunity. Thanks.

I think mod quad is a pirate company and copied noss's head.

Any way. 66mm is kind of the turning point. Try your standard bore dome, check the squish clearance.

Big bore domes have the o ring grove a little farther out. That way you get a good seal.They don't have a complete grove. The outside lip is missing. It uses the shell to make the grove.

If you go to the general banshee discusion forum. Find the "Techline Coating" thread. I posted pics of some domes that were coated and ran. You can see what I am talking about. They are big bore domes.

Umm Im pretty sure modquad has been around alot longer than noss. Mabey not but your another one that doesnt care for them either. Im trying to figure out why so many people dislike them. I mean they make alot of the stuff you by off the shelf from other places that just put there name on it.... Just dont get it. Not trying to start a fight or argument just curious ad to what some of your reasons are for disliking a company so bad. Did they make a mistake when they were up and comming, Not warrenty something. There a multi million dollar company so they must be doing something right. Like ive said before I use all there stuff that I sell and have had not one problem. Ive gotten to no them on a personel level very well and I think there a great company.

Umm Im pretty sure modquad has been around alot longer than noss. Mabey not but your another one that doesnt care for them either. Im trying to figure out why so many people dislike them. I mean they make alot of the stuff you by off the shelf from other places that just put there name on it.... Just dont get it. Not trying to start a fight or argument just curious ad to what some of your reasons are for disliking a company so bad. Did they make a mistake when they were up and comming, Not warrenty something. There a multi million dollar company so they must be doing something right. Like ive said before I use all there stuff that I sell and have had not one problem. Ive gotten to no them on a personel level very well and I think there a great company.

I have not had any problems with the Modquad products either. In fact I have a few of their parts on my current bike.

However, when Noss came out with their current design, i dont remember anyone having a similar setup (the ability to use stock head studs and still be able to change the domes). I could be wrong.....

Mod Quad doesn't make anything for me. I make everything I sell (except nuts, washers, & orings). I've been making Banshee heads for about fifteen years.

Alf44, Please don't say stuff about me or my products if you don't really know the facts. Call me if you want.

-David

We sell/stock ModQuad products and Noss Products. They both make good stuff but on heads, i have my choice and prefer to run the NOSS/F.A.S.T. Heads. Besides, with the F.A.S.T. Racing Logo they pick up 3 bike lengths. jk ;) Dave is a standup guy and we have been doing business for years with NO troubles, but we have had some troubles with other brands. Alf, are you stocking thier products?

Hey David I'm sorry if you took that the wrong way. Not my intention. I new modquad made there own heads. I did say I wasn't sure if they made your head but I do no for a fact they make

There own head and a few others. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yes Jeff I do carry modquad. I'm pretty much right now solely a modquad dealer as well as RMATV. Like I said earlier they are the only company that gave me an

Opportunity to get my foot in the door of our industry. I didn't have to have a huge store front,or spend thousands of dollars right out the gate. I'm doing this on my

Own 100% and they have really helped me out in many ways. I am working on getting a few other vendors but I have to revamp my shop to satisfy them in order to carry other companies products.

I no I'm the little guy in this industry and around here. I don't want to step on any toes or have something I said taken the wrong way. All of you other shops have a lot more experience and knowledge

Than me and I'm learning from you all. I'm just the customizer guy. I like to have a vision and build it to a reality. Carrying products and being avle to offer great deals on parts and run my monthly

Special on modquad is a bonus. This is something I've wanted for a long time and I will always be loyal to the ones that have and continue to help me reach my goal. Just like this site. Most of my business

Comes from here and a few other sponsored sites. Again sorry for any misunderstandings guys. I'm just trying my best to make this into a full time deal. Its my passion as well as a dream. Thanks.

I have not had any problems with the Modquad products either. In fact I have a few of their parts on my current bike.

However, when Noss came out with their current design, i dont remember anyone having a similar setup (the ability to use stock head studs and still be able to change the domes). I could be wrong.....

That may be a reason for the confusion on these heads. Both have that great advantage of using the stock studs. Both companies offer great products. :cheers: