Official HQ ride! Silver Lake Sand Dunes

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright I'm thinking sbout cancelling my trip out west and making a few days out of this one. There has to be some partying and rude shit going on though for this to happen. Maybe a stripper. That might be asking a bit much. Anyway I've got a big enclose trailer I'd bring up so I'm good in a hotel or camping. I'll need sparkies for my Shearers. Where can I get those? Can we not camp there? How close can we camp? So if I bring 4 guys with me we have to pay for the truck and each 4 wheeler? How much is that? This will be alot cheaper than my other trip so the money isn't a problem I just need to know how much. From looking at a map this is a state park? Is there a website with info so I don't have to be 20 questions guy?

You can get sparkies right at duneland which is a performance shop right outside the dunes Also called David Allen Racing. You can not camp in the dunes, but there are many campgrounds within minutes of the dunes and you can party at most of them. We usually stay at yogi bear, they arent very strict and its a nice, cheap place. You will need an orv sticker for each vehicle,last year i think they were $16.25 each. Daily state park passes are $6 or $7 a day or you can get a yearly for $25 each, But you need one for each vehicle, so if your not going to go more than 5 days this summer the yearly isnt worth it.

We usually rent a "cabin" which is a double wide trailer that is within walking distance of the dune lot. Its pretty clean, has 6 beds, 2 couches and a pull out sofa bed. It rents for $150 a night. It can easily accomodate two 20' trailers in the front and another in the back. Its very safe, just throw a lock around your quad and no worries. There's a fire ring in the back for camp fires. Hit me up if you want the contact info.

Oh also don't bother getting flags in advance, SL requires a special height just buy them there.

We usually rent a "cabin" which is a double wide trailer that is within walking distance of the dune lot. Its pretty clean, has 6 beds, 2 couches and a pull out sofa bed. It rents for $150 a night. It can easily accomodate two 20' trailers in the front and another in the back. Its very safe, just throw a lock around your quad and no worries. There's a fire ring in the back for camp fires. Hit me up if you want the contact info.

Oh also don't bother getting flags in advance, SL requires a special height just buy them there.

That wouldn't be too bad for a small group. Depends on who all comes up to this. My group would fit there pretty easy. Sounds like Yogi Bear (is it Jellystone?) might be the place for a bunch of us go.

Edited by dave5.0

I should be able to make that, going up opening weekend too.

I might just do saturday though, depends on my schedule. I usually stay at the Sierra Sands when I go

They also sound check stuff too so sparky's might not get you passed the gate if its stil too loud

Edited by CrazyBRONCOguy

The Michigan state campground is my favorite spot to crash and party. We stayed in early April last year and it was FREEZING at night, but a blast. Its damn affordable too, with good showers and campsites right on Silver Lake. Cant beat it.

Most everyone leaves u alone that early in the season, and I love that. The summer is getting too insane there to have fun. Too many rules and regulations.

We should be there! We all have our Banshees tore down to the frame, but should all be up and running in a month or so.

Everyone bring their sparkies and I suggest re-packing your silencers just in case they are checking for noise (unlikely that early in the season)

Im going to try and bring my drag bike and trail bike, plus we should have 4-5 others in our group.

I have never had a problem camping with my bike out on a trailer, or even off the trailer. Just keep it close and you will be fine. I have not heard of many theft issues at silver lake. A hotel, on the other hand, I would want an enclosed... But hotels are for kids :jesterlaugh:

Hope to see everyone there, and I have this date marked in!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Why dont anyone plan these trips when its warmer? I'd be all in if this was in june. Alot of us still have our bikes tore down in april.

I would love may or june...I'm iffy for this one, depends on if i get everything together, would LOVE to go though. can u have passengers at silver lake?