Official HQ ride! Silver Lake Sand Dunes

Okay cool! I need to get my time off approved. What day are you thinking we should head up? We were talking about leaving Thursday after work so we only needed to take off Friday from work. I was thinking head up Thursday evening, ride all day Friday and Saturday then come home Sunday.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay cool! I need to get my time off approved. What day are you thinking we should head up? We were talking about leaving Thursday after work so we only needed to take off Friday from work. I was thinking head up Thursday evening, ride all day Friday and Saturday then come home Sunday.

Let me double check, but that should be fine with me. Leave thursday evening, get back sunday mid-late afternoon.

I'm hoping gas prices drop or at least don't rise! I put $110 in gas just to get to Badlands and back. It'll be $250 in gas to get to Silver Lake and back if the prices are the same! It's crazy!

If we all pitch in, we should be good. I'm off all day thursday, so let me know.

Well, I may be out of this trip... I recently got a used g force axle from a friend and found out it was bent while we were at Badlands. I called Rocky Mountain ATV to see about a warranty replacement and they are going to replace it but they are out of stock til the end of April! So no axle = no Banshee.... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get a replacement in time but I wanted to put this out ASAP because I know a couple of you guys are planning on going up with me!

My only hope is someone has a stock axle that I can use for this trip! I've got some calls to make.....

Well, I may be out of this trip... I recently got a used g force axle from a friend and found out it was bent while we were at Badlands. I called Rocky Mountain ATV to see about a warranty replacement and they are going to replace it but they are out of stock til the end of April! So no axle = no Banshee.... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get a replacement in time but I wanted to put this out ASAP because I know a couple of you guys are planning on going up with me!

My only hope is someone has a stock axle that I can use for this trip! I've got some calls to make.....

Let me know as soon as you know, because if u guys dont go up, im not going. I'll squeeze in a haspin trip...

I've got a crusty one out of an old warrior. If that helps any.

If it's straight and bolts up I don't see why not! Are they the same width? If so, MikeNick may have one too because he's got an old junk Warrior in pieces!

Guys, I cant believe I haven't posted this yet. We will be camping in the Michigan State Campground, on the silver lake side of the road. We usually get a waterfront lot which is just awesome.

Whoever plans on camping should stay here too... They are not to strict this early in the season, and after memorial day u cant really drink or just have a late fire if you wish.

Anyways, that's where the SW MI crew will be staying, hit me up if you need information. SEE U GUYS SOON! :cheers:

I won't be making this trip. With no axle, no paddles yet and no sparkies yet I'm just not ready. Still recovering from Badlands too. I will make it this year, we were talking about maybe in late July or early August. Have fun and take lots of pictures to show me what I'm missing!

I won't be making this trip. With no axle, no paddles yet and no sparkies yet I'm just not ready. Still recovering from Badlands too. I will make it this year, we were talking about maybe in late July or early August. Have fun and take lots of pictures to show me what I'm missing!

No way dude, you contacted me about getting this trip setup!!! We can get all that stuff handled man this is BHQ! Sparkies can be bought when you get there, SOMEBODY has a stock axle the will GIVE you Im sure... And I might be picking up another project banshee this week that has paddles so I can give u dibs on those. Anyways, if you commit to going I assure you we can make this come together for you. Say the word and I will begin the parts hunt.