Rocket Owners

I really like the rocket pipes, but a buddy of mine has a set and its a real bitch to shut the fuel off, Do any of you know if running a pingel will make fuel shut off easier, or what else can be done that will not require a set of welding gloves to turn the fuel off?

Yeah, pingle helps a bit. But its not a big deal without one. Even after a long ass ride or few good pulls my rockets cool off pretty damn quick and its not like you have to turn the fuel off seconds afer you stop your bike for the day anyways.

It isn't needed but if you have girly hands and need the fuel off right away for some reason, well then spend the $80 and get a pingle. Or wear your gloves to turn the pet cock off.

I don't mind the pingle though.

spinning-1.gif

I moved the pics but here is a thread i started a while ago. http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=120396&view=&hl=rockets&fromsearch=1

IMO, i wouldn't run some unless you got quite a bit of work done and all the bolt ons. If i didn't i would have kept the T5's.

Have a few pics in my gallery if you need to see for some reason.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=19938&do=view_album&album=1052

So whats wrong with my Avatar fighting0059.gif

I moved the pics but here is a thread i started a while ago. http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=120396&view=&hl=rockets&fromsearch=1

IMO, i wouldn't run some unless you got quite a bit of work done and all the bolt ons. If i didn't i would have kept the T5's.

Have a few pics in my gallery if you need to see for some reason.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=19938&do=view_album&album=1052

So whats wrong with my Avatar fighting0059.gif

not a dam thing is wrong with your avatar! :)

I guess my first question is why do you need to turn your fuel off? It is a bit of a pain in the ass to check/change plugs and turn the fuel off, but I don't ever have to do either of those very often if ever at all. I switched from T5s to Rockets and will never go back. The Rockets come on alot sooner and pull extremely harder. If you can even find an old set, they would be worth a try. I have a 4mil dune port with all the bolt ons and couldn't be happier with them.

it is brutal though, doesn't mean it doesn't crack my shit up, did it eat your last one? lol

Have to agree with your other thread, when my buddy and me line up with damn near identical bikes, him with rockets and myself with T5's, they seem to come on about the same time, but the rockets def. pull harder and longer.

Got some bad ass pics there too savage

I guess my first question is why do you need to turn your fuel off? It is a bit of a pain in the ass to check/change plugs and turn the fuel off, but I don't ever have to do either of those very often if ever at all. I switched from T5s to Rockets and will never go back. The Rockets come on alot sooner and pull extremely harder. If you can even find an old set, they would be worth a try. I have a 4mil dune port with all the bolt ons and couldn't be happier with them.

I don't have too, its just routine. I'm keeping my eye out for a set, but as rare as they are, I'm sure I'll have to buy new.

They are a bad ass pipe for sure, even on a completely stock motor with a +4 timing, they pull very hard. They do cool off relatively quickly, so given a minute or so for cool down you can shut the fuel off then, however plug check and or changes may be a lil more time consuming.

I have ridden mine before in shorts just have to keep the legs spread away from the cannons.

I can show anybody who is interested how to make very low resistance permanent sparkies for them for less then 5 - 10 $ also.

Mike

They are a bad ass pipe for sure, even on a completely stock motor with a +4 timing, they pull very hard. Mike

I'm building my first RZshee and I'm not sure witch pipe to go between the Rocket and the Paul-Turner hign rev. Have you any opinion for that set-up? and have you tried the PT high rev (to compare) ?

thanks, Martin

I'm building my first RZshee and I'm not sure witch pipe to go between the Rocket and the Paul-Turner hign rev. Have you any opinion for that set-up? and have you tried the PT high rev (to compare) ?

thanks, Martin

No I haven't had any other pipes to compare, I have ridden a few other Banshee's with some bolt ons and T-5's they run pretty good but do not have the pull of the Rockets.

I definitely would say the Rockets and that is because I am biased towards them and do not like the looks of any of the PT's. I would be willing to bet that the Rockets would out perform the PT's anyway.

People either love them or hate them, no matter what they perform very very well.

They do stick out a tad and the fuel petcock is a lil tough to get too along with the plugs but that is very easily overcome by their performance.

Mike