Chinese radiator

Crazyatvspazz

how much extra coolant do they hold?

X2 on that question. also, has anyone pointed a laser temp guage to the outer hose (coolant going into the engine from the rad) to see the difference in temp between a stock rad? I think that would be a good way to test there claim of "lower temps" what do u guys think?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought an ASI unit for $100 shipped off Ebay. I think it's the same ones being talked about here.

The only difference I see is that mine had a nice polish to it. I painted it black with specialty black radiator paint.

It did indeed hold a significant amount of more juice since I saved all the newer old fluid out of my old rad.

It fit just OK. I had to remove the metal bushings that are in the middle of the rubber isolator rings. My shee frame is known tweaked though so IDK.

The stocker was hard fitting but it did fit with the stock bushing in place. I've ridden it everyday for the last week with no leaks. I also reused the stock cap.

I'm completly happy with it so far.

Edited by Paulie B

I just bought an ASI unit for $100 shipped off Ebay. I think it's the same ones being talked about here.

The only difference I see is that mine had a nice polish to it. I painted it black with specialty black radiator paint.

It did indeed hold a significant amount of more juice since I saved all the newer old fluid out of my old rad.

It fit just OK. I had to remove the metal bushings that are in the middle of the rubber isolator rings. My shee frame is known tweaked though so IDK.

The stocker was hard fitting but it did fit with the stock bushing in place. I've ridden it everyday for the last week with no leaks. I also reused the stock cap.

I'm completly happy with it so far.

Got asi's on both mine and the girls, both fit great even with my fullbores. Was able to use metal bushings, im sure they are the same rads as the others mentioned.

Got asi's on both mine and the girls, both fit great even with my fullbores. Was able to use metal bushings, im sure they are the same rads as the others mentioned.

Rite on. I figured the ill fitment it had something to do with my frame. I'd like to add the stock grill fit over it with no problems.

• 9 months later...

JUST GOT IT!!!!!!!! Very impressed. Exactly a week after i ordered it!!! not bad considering it takes fed-ex a week to get me packages from Florida!!! lol. there was only ONE fin that was bent over. packaging was very nice with Styrofoam and bubble wrap. PM me with a email address and ill be happy to send you pictures. iam to lazy to make a photobucket account:)

So tell me did the china made radiator last?

if you want "roll of dimes" pay 600+ for a radiator.

as far as alluminum goes if it holds, has proper penetration, and dosent leak. then its good. i personally HATE the "roll of dimes look" a flowing style alluminum weld to me looks much cleaner. if you look at some machine alluminum welds thats what they are.

and yes i'm no certified welder either...