Chinese radiator

Crazyatvspazz

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I bought a Chinese radiator off of eBay and have been running it for over a year with no problem. However the cap it came with is cheap so I use my stock cap. Also the add claimed to decrease engine temp but I don't believe that it just holds a little more coolant. Other than that it works fine. Oh and the boss radiators are the same exact thing just with the boss name slapped on it

• 1 month later...

I bought a Chinese radiator off of eBay and have been running it for over a year with no problem. However the cap it came with is cheap so I use my stock cap. Also the add claimed to decrease engine temp but I don't believe that it just holds a little more coolant. Other than that it works fine. Oh and the boss radiators are the same exact thing just with the boss name slapped on it

Well isn't it aluminum and the stocker is brass? That alone should reduce temps. IDK though good topic I was thinking of gettin on of these but if it doesn't really reduce engine temps why would I????

Care to elaborate on your opinion?

See the 1/8 to 1/4 inch space on the bottom of the radiator in the top pic ( it's hard to judge how big of a gap it is in the pic). My radiator did not have this gap. The core went all the way flush to the aluminum. I don't think this will affect the rad holding pressure but it looks cheap. I have shitty welds as well.

See the 1/8 to 1/4 inch space on the bottom of the radiator in the top pic ( it's hard to judge how big of a gap it is in the pic). My radiator did not have this gap. The core went all the way flush to the aluminum. I don't think this will affect the rad holding pressure but it looks cheap. I have shitty welds as well.

Come on mang as long as it holds presure it will work. The poor guy who prolly got $10 to tig weld that did a good enough job.