10mil cheetah motor

Yeah, with a crank that far out you could have seen that looking in the exhaust openings and turning it on the bench. This sellers going to tell you "That's what I was told was in it when I bought it from another guy" Doesn't look like anything was what he said it was. That's a real shame. Not only because you have to fix it (Unless your going to drive to him and put some skin in the game, he's just going to waste months arguing in posts.) But I also can appreciate that you lost a weekend at the dunes on your second run. Bad news. :(

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kind of stuff makes me so nervous to buy anything off the internet. A couple months back I sold an Edelbrock Super Victor intake for a 351w on the internet to a guy, shipped off and everything was good. I went to work for a month out of town at a place were I had no internet access or phone service. I had told the buyer this simply for the fact that I was leaving about a week after I shipped off the intake. So that if he had any questions he would have to call me before then. I sent him the tracking number and everything else and confirmed that it was delivered. He notified me that he received it and was very happy with it. I was thinking everything was good because I sold him a $380 intake for $220 (it was still in the plastic, was brand new in the box). When I get back from work a month later and check my email, I had emails from PayPal that the guy filed a claim against me saying he never received the intake. Since I could not be reached via email ( they never tried calling my parents house which I put the phone number on file) they refunded him his $220 out of my account and closed the case. They said that they closed the case because I would not respond to any of there emails so they thought I was trying to rip the guy off. Which I 100% understand that. I tried contacting him via email and phone and he will not return my emails or phone calls. I contacted PayPal immediately and explained them the situation and they said they could do nothing about it, but out of pure courtesy they went ahead and emailed the guy asking about the claim he made. I gave them the tracking number and they saw it was delivered. They informed him they know he made a false claim and would recommend him refunding me my money (even though they could not take the $220 back out of his account because the case was closed). He responded immediately back to PayPal saying he would return me my money. Well 1 month has went by and still no money and he still will not respond to me. I know this was an extreme circumstance but I just wanted to share my horror story with every. Just be careful out there, even if you are the seller, because you never know what could happen.

thats a fucked up deal .. hope he makes it right.

i will say , anyone that buys a "NEW' or USED motor , should tear it down as soon as they get it. seen to many "NEW' motors go boom.

Yeap!

This kind of stuff makes me so nervous to buy anything off the internet. A couple months back I sold an Edelbrock Super Victor intake for a 351w on the internet to a guy, shipped off and everything was good. I went to work for a month out of town at a place were I had no internet access or phone service. I had told the buyer this simply for the fact that I was leaving about a week after I shipped off the intake. So that if he had any questions he would have to call me before then. I sent him the tracking number and everything else and confirmed that it was delivered. He notified me that he received it and was very happy with it. I was thinking everything was good because I sold him a $380 intake for $220 (it was still in the plastic, was brand new in the box). When I get back from work a month later and check my email, I had emails from PayPal that the guy filed a claim against me saying he never received the intake. Since I could not be reached via email ( they never tried calling my parents house which I put the phone number on file) they refunded him his $220 out of my account and closed the case. They said that they closed the case because I would not respond to any of there emails so they thought I was trying to rip the guy off. Which I 100% understand that. I tried contacting him via email and phone and he will not return my emails or phone calls. I contacted PayPal immediately and explained them the situation and they said they could do nothing about it, but out of pure courtesy they went ahead and emailed the guy asking about the claim he made. I gave them the tracking number and they saw it was delivered. They informed him they know he made a false claim and would recommend him refunding me my money (even though they could not take the $220 back out of his account because the case was closed). He responded immediately back to PayPal saying he would return me my money. Well 1 month has went by and still no money and he still will not respond to me. I know this was an extreme circumstance but I just wanted to share my horror story with every. Just be careful out there, even if you are the seller, because you never know what could happen.

Holy shit, man that is scandal as can be. But yeah, just for future reference to anyone else. After so long if you do not respond to a claim they do take the money from your account, refund the buyer and let him keep the merchandise if he recieved it.

At the very least, that motor was run and not purged. What a basket case and definately not as advertised. The seller is 100% responsible for this mess. It is unfortunate, but you just can't buy something like this w/o knowing exactly where it is coming from. Even if this seller did not truly know what was inside he needs to take responsibility and take it up w/whoever took him. I am tired of reading about this shit. To all you scammers out there, don't think this shit won't catch up to you. I am still waiting to run into ol utleybanshee one day. I and I am sure many others do not forget. Good luck, first thing I would do is contact dudes local police and get the ball rolling. Maybe it will light a fire under his ass to man up and make things right.

At the very least, that motor was run and not purged. What a basket case and definately not as advertised. The seller is 100% responsible for this mess. It is unfortunate, but you just can't buy something like this w/o knowing exactly where it is coming from. Even if this seller did not truly know what was inside he needs to take responsibility and take it up w/whoever took him. I am tired of reading about this shit. To all you scammers out there, don't think this shit won't catch up to you. I am still waiting to run into ol utleybanshee one day. I and I am sure many others do not forget. Good luck, first thing I would do is contact dudes local police and get the ball rolling. Maybe it will light a fire under his ass to man up and make things right.

has anyone notified the seller about this? i mean, i know the guy knows there is an issue because he sent me a PM the other day about it.. claiming his innocence of course.

Loco, I have called him, messaged him, tried to reason with him to at least replace the crank with a new one and forget about the rest of the used parts, but flat out refuses to take responsibility, I also included an e-mail true his profile address, that happens to be his dads, well his dad called and began to yell out over the phone very insulting verbal language to me, as to his sons good behavior and never doing anything wrong by selling us the engine?, that is not his sons fault. The angry dad even went as far as saying not to mess with his 25 year old son or I would be in big trouble, I tried to call the father to reason with him as to the only threat I suggested was that if he continued to ignore me, I would take legal actions against him, come to find that Arizona small claims court the max is $2500.00, but with justice court it will take all the way, I know deep down in my heart there is still some good left in 13RAZOR13 head and he will make this right. Loco, I am a newie on this site and it is AWESOME. Thanks fellow members for your support in this matter, and with all honesty and respect for one another as members that we are, deals such as this should not happen to any one else, "God Bless America".....

"El Respeto al Derecho ajeno, es la Paz" - Benito Juarez/Abraham Lincoln, 1861

This is the exact reason I tear down any engine I get in a for sale or a trade before I ever even try and run it. I got a 4mil in a trade a couple months ago and when I tore it apart I found an arm broke off the clutch basket wedged under the clutch gear. If I had tried to run it, it would have jacked all sorts of stuff up. It only takes a weekend to tear it down and check things out and rebuild it. If everything is as described and good to go, then all you lost was a weekends worth of time to tear it down and check things out. If it turns out you got a bum deal like this, then you can work on fixing everything right from the get-go and not risk any farther harm from bunk parts.

I happened to buy some carbs from this 13RAZOR13 that i have not yet tested out but now I am a lil nervous about what i may run into. No doubt i am going to tear them down and go through them first but this 13RAZOR13 took 3 1/2 weeks to send them out after i had already payapl'd him. He came up with all kinds of excuses of why he didn't get to sending them but i did finally receive them. Good luck with the resolution.

I happened to buy some carbs from this 13RAZOR13 that i have not yet tested out but now I am a lil nervous about what i may run into. No doubt i am going to tear them down and go through them first but this 13RAZOR13 took 3 1/2 weeks to send them out after i had already payapl'd him. He came up with all kinds of excuses of why he didn't get to sending them but i did finally receive them. Good luck with the resolution.

Thanks very much for the support in this matter...

I can't stress enough, If you guys are droping this kind of coin on a purchase.. Make sure the seller is a premium member or has a good reputation here and has shown that he can be trusted. The premium members tend to be more trust worthy as they take pride in this site. But most of all.. Do your research on the seller. I noticed this razr guy has been around since 04' and dont even have 100 posts....

If you look at his topics... he only had 3 listed in 04 then hasnt been around until 09' Then all of his topics are forsale threads... This is the type of research people need to do along with asking around. Not saying this is your fault bro, but you gotta cover your ass. Defintately a shitty deal that this guy needs to make right.. Hands down a intentional scam.. I'd be calling his local law..

Sorry you got ripped off man. We are not talking change here, this is a huge rip. Has happened a few times times in the last few months.

I have never dropped that kind of cash online before, so I am not sure what I would do.

X2, Premium Member or not, anyone with little or no feedback would not get my cash. I do not care if he has been around and help build the site. You still risk getting ripped no matter what, but at least the chances are lower from someone that is a regular seller, and a contributor. You never know what someone is willing to do to get cash.

wow..another scammer they just keep poppin up on every site i go on..what bothers me is the guy hasnt posted one time and told his side of the story!..hmmmm...id like to hear what he has to say?..

for all people that are buying a small/big item from someone i recommend checking out other sites and looking through their resolution center and seeing if their name pops up,also look at their post and see who they sold to and pm the person that bought the item from them and ask if it was a smooth transaction or not...with the economy being crap there is gonna be more and more get ripped off and we need to try are best to keep people from doing this...well hopefully this guy will make it right with ya..good luck and keep us posted..