Smoking out of right pipe only

eschaner

what are your mods?Is it fouling the plug on the smoking side? Sounds like tranny side crank seal sucking tranny fluid.

Just has K&N filter on. And it is not fouling plugs. I did switch sides, and still the same. So is the tranny crank seal hard to change? And with out tearing it apart can I tell? banghead

Edited by eschaner

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What pipes u got? Sounds like could be head gasket or crank seal.But if it was it won't run that great,or dirty pipe that had a crank seal go and filled the pipe with oil. hows the tranny fluid look and antifreeze all up to level and clean ? Take video and post it idling and couple revs.

What pipes u got? Sounds like could be head gasket or crank seal.But if it was it won't run that great,or dirty pipe that had a crank seal go and filled the pipe with oil. hows the tranny fluid look and antifreeze all up to level and clean ? Take video and post it idling and couple revs.

I have pro curcuit pipes. I have oil residue at the exhaust tip. It does run strong. trans oil looks grayish from clutches. Coolant is fine. IWould I have gas in the trans if it was trans seal?

I have pro curcuit pipes. I have oil residue at the exhaust tip. It does run strong. trans oil looks grayish from clutches. Coolant is fine. IWould I have gas in the trans if it was trans seal?

Could be gas in the trans dose the oil smell gasy? U should pressure test it.I think there's a thread on how to pressure test your motor on here somewhere use the search. Not to sure how to explain it to u.Clean the insides of your pipes and bafflers and repack.If it runs good keep the oil and air fliter clean and carbs in sync and uh chain adjusted and ride it and have fun. :dance:

Could be gas in the trans dose the oil smell gasy? U should pressure test it.I think there's a thread on how to pressure test your motor on here somewhere use the search. Not to sure how to explain it to u.Clean the insides of your pipes and bafflers and repack.If it runs good keep the oil and air fliter clean and carbs in sync and uh chain adjusted and ride it and have fun. :dance:

No the trans oil does not smell like gas. I looked for a thread for pressure testing the motor, but didn't find anything.

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, IT WAS THE FRONT CRANK SEAL WAS LETTING IN OIL. THATS WHY THERE WAS OIL IN YOUR PIPE

I also had the same probelm, it was the right crank seal, you can get it for like 9 bux at your dealer, they tell you to split the cases to change it, but you can get away with using a peice of PVC pipe/pipe fitting to tap it back in. Take the New seal to Homedepot and find a fitting that fits right inside it (i think it was like $1.19), then tap it gently back in. It worked on mine and i didnt even have to pull the engine.

Good Luck.

I also had the same probelm, it was the right crank seal, you can get it for like 9 bux at your dealer, they tell you to split the cases to change it, but you can get away with using a peice of PVC pipe/pipe fitting to tap it back in. Take the New seal to Homedepot and find a fitting that fits right inside it (i think it was like $1.19), then tap it gently back in. It worked on mine and i didnt even have to pull the engine.

Good Luck.

Ok, so I took the carbs apart to change the pilot, and it was a 25 in the right carb. So all jets match. Pulled the reeds and looked good. Pulled the right pipe and it was dry inside, but the tailpipe is wet :confused: . I took the boost bottle off and have to get plugs for the holes tomorrow. Also, the needles were on the second slot from the bottom. So I movrd it up to the forth from the bottom(second from top). This will make it leaner, correct?

Ok, so I took the carbs apart to change the pilot, and it was a 25 in the right carb. So all jets match. Pulled the reeds and looked good. Pulled the right pipe and it was dry inside, but the tailpipe is wet :confused: . I took the boost bottle off and have to get plugs for the holes tomorrow. Also, the needles were on the second slot from the bottom. So I movrd it up to the forth from the bottom(second from top). This will make it leaner, correct?

It will make it leaner. you should of left it alone, one thing i learn is you can run it a million time rich but you can only run it once lean. if it is to lean your gonna mess something up.

Find out what you problem with the excise amount of smoke is coming from then mess around with something else. Im likethe other guys i think it might be your seal, do the pressure test and see what happens.

Did you check your float level and needle valve?? Mine did that and found my needle valve wasn't seating and made that cyl. smoke before the other side at an idle.

Ok, now that I can take the carbs apart in my sleep. I looked on Pro Curcuit web site to get info on jetting eith their pipes. It said to run 260 mains and 25 pilots. I did this and took it for a little ride and seemed like it had more power. But bogged when I hit the throttle. And I also took off the boost bottle and installed a crossover pipe. And still smokes banghead . And a friend told me the motor would have blown already if it was the crank seal becuase of sucking air! And truth to this? And are the main jets to small? Oh and I also moved the needle clip back down to the second slot from the bottom.

Edited by eschaner

what do the plugs look like? you know that you moved the needle and changed the jet at the same time, so you don't know which it was.....but, you don't really want to lean the needle much....the pro-circuits like a little fuel enrichment to keep the bog down, so move the needle the other way. also, the mains only set the wot getting, not the mid or low. did it sputter @ wot?

if not, i would put it back, and even think about going larger...now, the smoking and the jetting are 2 different things.....