Mini Twister

gregrob

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Billet cases, I wish.

I'm just gonna smear some jb weld on there and slap it back together! lmao

No, really it needs new cases, new trans, seals, base gasket.

The crank and bearings looked fine. I will probably replace the output side with a TZ bearing though.

The metal from the trans was circulating in the fluid obviously and into the clutch cover.

Some chunks destroyed the crank seal as you see in the pic and it was sucking trans fluid laced with metal shavings right through that bearing. Couldn't have been good for it.

The particles are small I suppose and there was no apparent damage, but I want to do a TZ bearing anyway for reliability purposes. The twister will be getting the straight cuts that are currently in my duner as well. Simply because it should be the higher hp/tq engine of the two.

As stated earlier, if anyone has cases or a trans cheap I'm in need of them.

Greg

So i guess i am the one who put this together apparently i did a few things wrong which i knew it wasn't perfect what bigred didnt say there is i got a box of shit to start with it didnt have all parts in it to begin with and bigred didnt help by pillfuring parts off the bike and motor i traded gregrob a yfz that i built it still runs but i didnt have bigsticky finger in on the deal that's for sure not to mention that it was the first time building a banshee which is 100% different than a 450 and bigred u can't stop talking shit for one fucking min((((hints y everyone hates u on here)))) if u so much as say hello to me i am gonna beat your bigred ass you fucking pussy and also i gave that bike to gregrob he knew that stuff wasn't right it wasn't going to leave for a riding trip until it was completely gone though ask gregrob he has a complete gasket set for it came with the bike and a brand new clutch reed gaskets as well i also got a set of pos carbs from bigred to work with nice way to take advantage of someone who knew nothing of a banshee other than i thought i wanted one i am sorry to everyone on here for fucking up a good thread if u would like to reply to me take it somewhere else like the flames section again sorry gregrob for hi jacking

For the record bigred did offer me a good price on those cases before he listed them. I just havent decided what direction to go so if he sells them first no big deal.

And chase you have a nice bike that is put together right now. Its a banshee so its gonna take maintenance and tinkering, just the nature of the beast. But I'll help you keep it going and learn them. What little I know anyway.

So i guess i am the one who put this together apparently i did a few things wrong which i knew it wasn't perfect what bigred didnt say there is i got a box of shit to start with it didnt have all parts in it to begin with and bigred didnt help by pillfuring parts off the bike and motor i traded gregrob a yfz that i built it still runs but i didnt have bigsticky finger in on the deal that's for sure not to mention that it was the first time building a banshee which is 100% different than a 450 and bigred u can't stop talking shit for one fucking min((((hints y everyone hates u on here)))) if u so much as say hello to me i am gonna beat your bigred ass you fucking pussy and also i gave that bike to gregrob he knew that stuff wasn't right it wasn't going to leave for a riding trip until it was completely gone though ask gregrob he has a complete gasket set for it came with the bike and a brand new clutch reed gaskets as well i also got a set of pos carbs from bigred to work with nice way to take advantage of someone who knew nothing of a banshee other than i thought i wanted one i am sorry to everyone on here for fucking up a good thread if u would like to reply to me take it somewhere else like the flames section again sorry gregrob for hi jacking

i have two thoughts about this post..

#1 i cant say that im surprised or shocked by any of it.. sounds pretty fucking typical.

#2 start using some fucking punctuation man. there isnt one fucking period or comma in that whole mess of words.

Does anyone know the condition that the cases were in before this thing was assembled? My guess is the that case failed first, causing the tranny to grenade. How were you riding when this happened? i.e. Dumping the clutch in second, climbing a hill, etc? Always best to 'go through' the engine even if you think that it might have the least bit of an issue. Its cheaper that way. Thinking about selling the mini twisters?

i have two thoughts about this post..

#1 i cant say that im surprised or shocked by any of it.. sounds pretty fucking typical.

#2 start using some fucking punctuation man. there isnt one fucking period or comma in that whole mess of words.

Yeah i know i was never good in english class and i hate typing normally don't just because of that and even worse when i am mad. lol

You really are as dumb as you seem. The carbs I gave you, were carbs from GREG, not me. What parts did I "pilfur" off the bike? Every part on my black bike was purchased or traded for, squarely, by me. You got all butt hurt when I told you what your broken twister was worth and wouldn't trade you my black bike engine. I told greg to go through the whole damn thing and rebuild it when he got it from you and he didn't. That's his problem. But when we did disassemble the engine it was a joke how much crap was done wrong. Greg and myself both offered to help you over and over and over to get it running and put it together, and you declined. You instead put it together yourself with broken and used parts and mismatched bolts everywhere. Hell, you even missed 3 of the case bolts and I'd be willing to bet you didn't even follow the torque sequence on anything. So, the POS carbs were gregs old carbs, he just has them in a box at my house and I delivered them to you. I even took apart one of my sets of carbs and GAVE you the dump tubes you needed to make them run. So, how is that taking advantage of you?

I tried to work a trade with you for this particular engine, which didn't work out. You wanted too much for it and I didn't have what you wanted out of me. No big deal. After what happened to greg with this engine I'm glad I didn't do the trade.

How many times did I call and offer to help you jet the twister, and to put it together? Who gave you the original list of parts you needed to build it correctly? Who offered to come by your place and bring my whole tool box down to help you put it together? I think its greg you should be talking to here chase, not me.

- Jared

I thought it was kind of odd, gregrob smoked a set of cases and bigred had a mint set freshly sandblasted for sale on PS...why wouldn't you help your buddy out??

I did offer the cases to greg for less than what they are listed for on PS. He hasn't gotton back to me on them, and I'm trying to get $ together to help pay property taxes on 50,000 acres. If he wants them, I will give them to him, but if I can sell them, I will sell them. He knows the whole situation.

Does anyone know the condition that the cases were in before this thing was assembled? My guess is the that case failed first, causing the tranny to grenade. How were you riding when this happened? i.e. Dumping the clutch in second, climbing a hill, etc? Always best to 'go through' the engine even if you think that it might have the least bit of an issue. Its cheaper that way. Thinking about selling the mini twisters?

Cases were fine at least visually. Didn't have them magnafluxed for cracks or anything, which I might do on this next set, although that's probably not very typical, I'd like to be safe.

Dumping the clutch in first mostly when this happened. Did launch it in third once accidentally, but it was with pro wedges in a field, so not like it was dead hooking or anything.

Not thinking about selling right now, gonna put it back together and see what she can do.