Mini Twister

gregrob

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very happy with my 565cc 10mil Twister small block. It is just like the day I got it from Lew, unported. I have ran a best of 4.21 on it, i weigh 230. My jockey at 150 pounds has ran a best of 4.10. Quite sure it will run a bit faster as is, but it will be sent out very soon for some porting and gonna switch over to big flange pipes. Gregrob what reeds are you running CR125 or shee?? I switched over to CR 125 and it definetly made a difference, although my engine is a bit bigger than yours.

Too lazy to do the math. What bore is that? My 16 mil Twister is only a 570 cc. 72 bore, If I remember. Its a turd that hasn't made a pass down the track due to lots of bad luck (burnt o-rings twice, clutch problems, etc.)It definitely has lots of potential, however.

10 mil stroke by 75mm piston by my "fuzzy" math...smile.gif

Yup!!!!! I too had much more than my fair share of "bad luck" with this engine. Learned a lot...........and did it myself. I told myself when I bought it that I was going to make the engine run to it's potential before I had it ground on. I feel it is pretty close to that point now. I just wanted to see what I could make it run, as everybody says the Twister cylinders need a ton of work done to them to make them run hard. I think I have done pretty good disproving that theory.....at least to myself anyways.........LOL!!!

UPDATE: CARNAGE CARNAGE CARNAGE DEAD PEOPLE EVERYWHERE.

Well, not really, but we do have some carnage.

Evidently this little bastard does make some real power because it GRENADED a stock transmission.

Actually I doubt it was due to power output but something in the trans let go and CRACKED the engine cases, bad.

Hours and hours of case mods, boring, and porting down the drain. Need a new set of cases, plus whatever in the transmission self distructed, and whatever else it took with it.

Good news is it ran like a freaking animal the half hour or so I got to beat on it.

I have never felt torque like that in a 4mil. I was crusing on the dirt road in 6th and you roll into the throttle and at only about 1/4 it comes up on the pipe and the tires MELT.

It would wheelie in 3rd gear at will whereas the old FAST drag ported engine the same chassis (100hp mind you) would only MAYBE wheelie in 1st in sand if you got the weight transfer just right.

It has so much tq and loooves to be short shifted, wouldn't over rev at all but it was uber rich. It would rip through the gears literally as fast as you could grab them and just keep pulling.

It certainly has A LOT of potential (way more than I was expecting) when we get it BACK together and get it dialed in. I have had and ridden a lot of very good running stock cylinder bikes and this thing is certainly like stepping into a new realm for me.

Certainly excited to do more tuning and set up with it, just will be a few weeks at best to get it back together.

If anyone has a set of cases cheap, I'm looking. Might need a trans too :-/

Stay tuned

Don't see why you're comparing a 380 cc DUNE ported stock cylinder to a 460 cc billet. Should be no contest anyway. :confused:

Yup!!!!! I too had much more than my fair share of "bad luck" with this engine. Learned a lot...........and did it myself. I told myself when I bought it that I was going to make the engine run to it's potential before I had it ground on. I feel it is pretty close to that point now. I just wanted to see what I could make it run, as everybody says the Twister cylinders need a ton of work done to them to make them run hard. I think I have done pretty good disproving that theory.....at least to myself anyways.........LOL!!!

Mine was ported by Louie.

Daj, dont worry I wouldnt take parts from you if they were free and you paid the shipping.

As for the rest of your comments, everyone here can see who the real clown is. I'm trying to post info on this engine good bad or indifferent and everything stated here is simply my opinion and observation.

For the record we did not put this engine together. We did the casework and then I traded it off and someone else put it together.

Dont know if it was put together inocrrectly or something in the trans was simply ready to break. Rest assured, it will be done right this time though.

As for the wheelie comment JD, come on man, get real. Youre trying to twist what I'm saying to jump on the bashing bandwagon of you small minded, big ego'd friends. The FAST engine was obviously blowing the tires loose.

Let me clarify. First of all were dealing with a +10 swingarm so it doesnt like to wheelie at all. Second, I never meant to indicate it didnt have enough POWER to wheelie in 3rd.

But with the drag port obviously it was on or off and after 1st if it didnt wheelie, it wasnt going to, just go down the track.

The twister had the TORQUE to lift the front wheels just nailing it in 3rd.

J-madd. Youre totally right. It should smoke the 380cc duner. I was simply using it as a performance measure because its what I'm familiar with and I'll be "happy" when it exceeds the performance of the stock cyl bike, and wont need to push it any further. Thats all.

Guys I'm not going to participate in the shit talk I started this thread just to get a little more info out there on the mini's because you dont see much posted on them. If you want to try and ruin it because you need to grow up and have nothing better to do then I guess thats BHQ's and anyone who might find the info interesting's loss.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Greg

Gregrob what reeds are you running CR125 or shee?? I switched over to CR 125 and it definetly made a difference, although my engine is a bit bigger than yours.

Running shee reeds right now. Would like to try the CR's once I get it close to dialed in and see what the difference would be. It definitely breathes deep enough that I can see where it would benefit from the larger reeds.

Daj, dont worry I wouldnt take parts from you if they were free and you paid the shipping.

That's too bad. I honestly would take a shit in a box, with or without peanuts....and send it to you on my dime.

Since you had the nads to call me fat, only to find out you haven't passed up the chow line at all in your life...just makes you look like an even bigger clown on all fronts.

You did in fact, like usual, try to take a stab at FAST.

This is what you said, word for word.

"It would wheelie in 3rd gear at will whereas the old FAST drag ported engine the same chassis (100hp mind you) would only MAYBE wheelie in 1st in sand if you got the weight transfer just right."

Weight transfer just right?? You've got more than enough weight to transfer...get off the handlebars sissy and sit on the seat.

Nowhere does that say anything about tires, traction, etc.

You just called out on it, making you look like a clown once again...and now you're trying to back peddle like usual.

If the twister motor is in the same chassis, unless your dumb ass was running 4 paddles...it would wheelie the same. It probably didn't have the torque of a bigger bore motor...duh. Glad you figured that out...might be the smartest thing you've ever said here.

But bottom line is you got called out on an attempted stab...and now you're making excuses.

Seriously, I can send you a Baby Ruth (with nuts) or a Butterfinger (without). Your call...fatty.

trfshf8860254.jpg

Hey...Smart Guy, news flash.

I've been here since February of 2005.

You've been here Feb. of 2008.

I've got 15K posts, you've got less than 1K.

I'm NOT trying to insinuate that I know more than anyone with less posts or less tenure, my point is people know me and know how I am...I have been around long enough.

I've maintained then as I do now...if you don't like me (and this goes for anyone), fuck off, I could care less. I sleep fine at night.

If you're one of the many friends I've made on the site, because of the site or somewhere else and caused them to join the site...you know how I am in person and on all the forums, not just this one.

And once again, you're a liar.

You said you're not going to participate in this shit talk....and yet here you are, running off at your chins...once again.

I've got a life, it's a fine one...and it suits me just fine. Thanks for your concern.

So you want creamy or extra chunky?

Thanks for clarifying that, Dave. Gregrob, you did not include any details just as Dave stated... So how was I supposed to take your first statement about the FAST motor?

Good luck with the build, I hope it goes together, stays together, and competes with the "run of the mill" motors out there. Pretty cool to try something different...

make sure to explain yourself so people don't get the wrong idea(s) and you start up another shit show! :flush:

Thanks for clarifying that, Dave. Gregrob, you did not include any details just as Dave stated... So how was I supposed to take your first statement about the FAST motor?

Good luck with the build, I hope it goes together, stays together, and competes with the "run of the mill" motors out there. Pretty cool to try something different...

make sure to explain yourself so people don't get the wrong idea(s) and you start up another shit show! :flush:

Another thing greg forgot to mention, that does play an important part in the wheelie comment is that when he has the FAST 4mil drag port, on top of the +10 swinger it had a marvin that jeff set up with 1200psi in it. It was almost like having a strut on the rear. The new twister setup has a normal spring/shock setup in the rear. Now, I'm not trying to get into any of this back and forth on here, just something that he forgot to mention. I don't know which would put more traction to the rear, or which setup would tend to wheelie or spin the tires more. I haven't tried to tune suspension for anything besides dune riding where I prefer everything to me nice and cushy for my fat ass.

The old FAST setup ran good and was very impressive in the drags, but the powerband of the drag port was hard to deal with sometimes for the type of riding we do around here. I hope the twister cylinders work out better for what we do. They are definitely a cool design.

15K posts, like I said, get a life.

Thanks JD. I didnt "start" anything and shouldnt have to explain every little thing I see. I guess some people are simple that way tho. (Not you)

Thanks again for replacing that grille for me a while back. Youre a great guy and do great work.