Mini Twister

gregrob

Thought I'd start a thread to keep up with the progress of the mini twister for those who might be interested. I never see anything posted on them so I figure a little info on them would be good for those who might be searching in the future.

As of tonight IT LIVES.

We have 185psi both cylinders (given the compression tester is right).

Firehead suggested bigger carbs than the 34 mikunis I was gonna run on it so tonight we bolted on a set of 38 PWK Air Strykers.

Theyre setup for methanol.

We have .115 pilot

EGQ needles

50 pilots (I think)

PJ's 3 turns out to start tuning.

Timing is at +4

Gotta pick up some methanol tomorrow and possibly throw in a fresh clutch and we're gonna take it out and see what she'll do.

I'll keep everyone updated and try to get some vids.

Its first task is to outrun my HJR duner, and thats not a very easy task.

Setup right now is

4mil x 71mm bore smallblock twister

stock cnc porting

22cc domes (I think)

Shearer small bore in frames

38PWK Air Strykers on methanol

V force 2 reeds

DD Lockup, Billet Basket

Stock trans

Chariot Timing Plate

Need to call KT and order some billet bowls for the new carbs before we get too crazy.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are the differences between the twister and the duner ??

Im interested in seeing that match up

The differences are "basically" cylinders and carbs.

The HJR ported duner is a ported stock cyl 64.5 bore, 4mil. (379cc)

35.5 K&T Mikunis (Methanol)

Shearer small bore in frames

Ported stock reed cages, boysen dual stage reeds

+4 swinger

No lockup

Twister is

71mm bore 4mil as stated above (460cc)

38 PWK Air Strykers

V Forces 2's

+10 swinger

Shearer small bore inframes

DD lockup

Everything else is pretty similar on them. Both in stock, full weight chassis', etc.

Wont be much of a race til I can get them both in the sand with the right tire and gearing for each but after riding this twister today COMPLETELY untuned (tons of fuel and only +4 timing) I'm confident it will take the duner.

and as I said that is no easy task, Kevin did an exceptional job on my cylinders and the duner HAULS ASS.

Also will be a while before we actually get to do the race, as the next post will tell.

UPDATE: CARNAGE CARNAGE CARNAGE DEAD PEOPLE EVERYWHERE.

Well, not really, but we do have some carnage.

Evidently this little bastard does make some real power because it GRENADED a stock transmission.

Actually I doubt it was due to power output but something in the trans let go and CRACKED the engine cases, bad.

Hours and hours of case mods, boring, and porting down the drain. Need a new set of cases, plus whatever in the transmission self distructed, and whatever else it took with it.

Good news is it ran like a freaking animal the half hour or so I got to beat on it.

I have never felt torque like that in a 4mil. I was crusing on the dirt road in 6th and you roll into the throttle and at only about 1/4 it comes up on the pipe and the tires MELT.

It would wheelie in 3rd gear at will whereas the old FAST drag ported engine the same chassis (100hp mind you) would only MAYBE wheelie in 1st in sand if you got the weight transfer just right.

It has so much tq and loooves to be short shifted, wouldn't over rev at all but it was uber rich. It would rip through the gears literally as fast as you could grab them and just keep pulling.

It certainly has A LOT of potential (way more than I was expecting) when we get it BACK together and get it dialed in. I have had and ridden a lot of very good running stock cylinder bikes and this thing is certainly like stepping into a new realm for me.

Certainly excited to do more tuning and set up with it, just will be a few weeks at best to get it back together.

If anyone has a set of cases cheap, I'm looking. Might need a trans too :-/

Stay tuned

I am very happy with my 565cc 10mil Twister small block. It is just like the day I got it from Lew, unported. I have ran a best of 4.21 on it, i weigh 230. My jockey at 150 pounds has ran a best of 4.10. Quite sure it will run a bit faster as is, but it will be sent out very soon for some porting and gonna switch over to big flange pipes. Gregrob what reeds are you running CR125 or shee?? I switched over to CR 125 and it definetly made a difference, although my engine is a bit bigger than yours.

Too bad you guys are such ass clowns....

I'd get you a trans dirt cheap and a set of cases.

But I'd rather piss in a bottle and send it to you and watch you fail yet again...

Maybe you guys should send it to either HJR or to Firehead since they are the only people you guys can actually get a motor from that runs right.

It would wheelie in 3rd gear at will whereas the old FAST drag ported engine the same chassis (100hp mind you) would only MAYBE wheelie in 1st in sand if you got the weight transfer just right.

That just sounds asinine to me... Was a good thread until this little statement, come on man how can that be true?

Just about any ATV ever produced in the world can wheelie in 1st gear banghead

The FAST motor must have been too much for the 4 paddle tires u had on it or what?? :blink:

These guys are professional riders and tuners JD...just look at all their success.

I'm 250 and had a cleaned up 4 mil cub putting down around 95 HP give or take. It would wheelie at will.

Now I know fatty has a few cheeseburgers in his gullet over me, but it just goes to show you what circus clowns they are.

If you have a 100HP bike that you can only get to wheelie sometimes in first gear, you are a tard. Plain and simple...period.

These guys are professional riders and tuners JD...just look at all their success.

I'm 250 and had a cleaned up 4 mil cub putting down around 95 HP give or take. It would wheelie at will.

Now I know fatty has a few cheeseburgers in his gullet over me, but it just goes to show you what circus clowns they are.

If you have a 100HP bike that you can only get to wheelie sometimes in first gear, you are a tard. Plain and simple...period.

yea, I mean i have never been involved in the "pissing matches" with these guys, and I don't plan on it.... To each their own....but that was a clown statement plain and simple. It now makes sense to my why the tranny grenanded....