porting?

ohSIXshee

ok i have a some what stock shee. (mods in sig.) my question is would it be worth it to port a stock crank and comp. motor or go with a 4 mil or...and also should i get bigger carbs? i use the bike mostly at glamis. 80% drag 20% dune. thanks.

for the amount of money a 4mill cost (crank only) you could have a port job and carbs (depending on price of porting)

if money isnt an issue then without a doubt i would say go with the 4mill. odds are if you just port your stock cylinders you will get the "need for speed" and wish you would have just gone 4mill to begin with.....atleast thats what happend to me. now that i have ported cylinders im wishing i would have just saved my money and skipped right to a 4mill. hit up Kevin @ herr jugs racing (HJR), he'll hook you up! :headbang:

if money isnt an issue then without a doubt i would say go with the 4mill. odds are if you just port your stock cylinders you will get the "need for speed" and wish you would have just gone 4mill to begin with.....atleast thats what happend to me. now that i have ported cylinders im wishing i would have just saved my money and skipped right to a 4mill. hit up Kevin @ herr jugs racing (HJR), he'll hook you up! :headbang:

for the amount of money a 4mill cost (crank only) you could have a port job and carbs (depending on price of porting)

what carbs should i run with a drag port stock crank, bore and pistons? im tired of dicking with the stock carbs. the pilot jet on the left carb always clogs. i clean it out and it runs good for a couple trips then clogs again.

x2, you need pretty stock porting to go 4mill

what carbs should i run with a drag port stock crank, bore and pistons? im tired of dicking with the stock carbs. the pilot jet on the left carb always clogs. i clean it out and it runs good for a couple trips then clogs again.

33 or 35 PWK's is what I would run on a stock stroke drag ported bike.

don't blame pilot plugging issues on the stock carbs. you have a bunch of crap in your tank and lines. any carb will get its pilots plugged up, if there's crap in the fuel system.

I'm happy with my ported stock cylinders, but wish I just did the 4mil from the beginning too.

i'm with loco on this one.don't waste your time and money with porting for a stock crank because your going to want to go bigger later.once you do a nice port job for a stock crank your cylinders are pretty much done for if you decide to go with a 4mil later.get a aggressive dune port 4mil and a set of 35pwk's.you wil be happy for awhile.you can also get a set of domes cut for a noss head.

don't blame pilot plugging issues on the stock carbs. you have a bunch of crap in your tank and lines. any carb will get its pilots plugged up, if there's crap in the fuel system.

its only the left side that clogs

just build the 4mm and be done with it. you will regret wasting the time and money on a stock stroke bike.

whats the HP difference doing a 4mill? and do i need a better clutch? or what else needs to be done?

you can buy a after market head like noss and have a set of domes cut or you can just have your stock head cut for a 4mil.i did a stock head cut when i ran a 4mil stock cylinder and it worked great.the clutch,you can just go with one of jeff's from fast and a set of heavy springs.you also have to run a different set of pistons.i would have it ported so you don't have to run a spaacer plate,which all the good builder out there will do that.