Boost Ports

dusty_v141

Hey im porting my cylinders and was thinking about puting in some boost ports . I will be rideing trails and i own a motocross track so do yaw think it would make my power band too short. and what size would be good too go with; i have heard that if you make them too big not enough of the fuel mixture will go into the crankcase and will not get enough lubrication too the rod and crank bearings. is this true? thanks for all the

replyes.

ok first question... what are your reasons for trying to port your cylinders??

Next in your sig it says -2 degrees timing... why not run advanced timing where it gives you power?

If you are looking for more power advance your timing to 4* advanced and save your money for a cool head...

well when you advance your timing it gives you more power down low and takes away from your topend so if you retard it you get more topend. i was running asphalt and was trying some stuff and it does work. i also put at +4 and ran up the road too holding a gps and checked my top speed then did it at -2 and it was faster but not alot it just lets it rev farther.

well when you advance your timing it gives you more power down low and takes away from your topend so if you retard it you get more topend. i was running asphalt and was trying some stuff and it does work. i also put at +4 and ran up the road too holding a gps and checked my top speed then did it at -2 and it was faster but not alot it just lets it rev farther.

Holding a GPS?? I use the ol lick my finger and stick in the air to check my top speed.