MAXIMA VS KLOTZ TELL ME?

609boy

maxima 927 love the way it smells everyone thinks im running alky eventhough im on GAS .I also run it in my drag bike and the first year i ran the klotz technoplate or what ever it is and tore down at end of year and crank bearings were shot had to rebuild crank last year tore it down run the 927 as builder told me to run and crank bearings looked good I purged after eveyride after i was done for the day whether i was racing the next day or not i always purged and klotz cost me alot of money rebuilding a 18 mill crank isnt cheap so i might not always run the 927 but i will never run klotz but i stock pile the 927 so ill be using that for a while

I am sure the Klotz oil was the reason why the crank failed. :shootself:

Maxima 927 will seperate at lower temperatures. It is a blend of caster oil and synthetic ester oils.

Klotz R50 is a 100% synthetic oil super clean burning.

Klotz Supertechniplate is 80% synthetic and 20% Benol Caster oil. It helps ballance the clean burning properties of synthetic oil with the super tough caster oil. It will not seperate at lower temps. It can be blended with methanol as well

Klotz Benol is 100% caster oil it offers the maximum protection at the expence of clean burning. Klotz Benol will also seperate at lower temperatures. Benol blends with methanol.

Klotz R50's flash point is 555 deg F vs 927's 420 deg F

I run the Klotz Supertechniplate. That way you get the best of both worlds.

• Like 1

I have been running R50 for over 15 years and have NEVER had an engine failure. My personal bike has 9 years on the current crankshaft and at least 5 years on the top end, I still have 160 psi compression, it was 180 when I put the top end together. My wife's 97 was bought used and has never been apart- I knew the last owner who had it for his wife it for 8 years and the girl he bought it from said she had not had it apart. The last owner and I both used R50, he is a riding buddy so i know him and his bikes well, I also wrench for him occasionally. Before I ran R50, I used Benol, but I had problems with it building carbon in the rings in the Blaster my wife used to have. I also use the Klotz transmission oil-KL506. It made me Banshee shift better than anything else I used-motor oil,ATF, Honda Tranny oil, BelRay Gearsaver, etc. When I was running motor oil or ATF I was showing metal particles in the oil when I drained it, so I split the cases but never found anything. After I switch to Klotz, the oil never has metal in it. This is just my opinion.

• Like 1

It didnt blow up or complete crank failure bearings were shot when i took apart to check everything bearings were craped and the oil didnt protect the bearing the way it should

• 2 years later...

Ive ran both the techniplate and the 927 and from my experience I can assure you that the techniplate sucks! I feel the ones saying its good are just wanting you to roach your motor. I switched to 927 and have not been happier. I will say the "KLOGGS" might smell a lil better but wtf does that really matter :confused: I ice race and tore down the motor after the kloggs and had to replace top end and swap bottom end bearings. This year without any changes other than the switch to 927 and I have not had to replace anything! So IMO id run the 927! Good Luck!

Ive ran both the techniplate and the 927 and from my experience I can assure you that the techniplate sucks! I feel the ones saying its good are just wanting you to roach your motor. I switched to 927 and have not been happier. I will say the "KLOGGS" might smell a lil better but wtf does that really matter :confused: I ice race and tore down the motor after the kloggs and had to replace top end and swap bottom end bearings. This year without any changes other than the switch to 927 and I have not had to replace anything! So IMO id run the 927! Good Luck!

thats just fucking stupid, yeah dude run klotz so your motor can blow1 GTFO banghead

I used all three oils, Klotz supertechniplate, Klotz R-50 & Castor 927. They all are good oils & protects really well, but I didnt like the way the 927 burned so dirty & separate at low temps. So I just stuck with the KLOTZ supertechniplate cause it burns cleaner than 927, Klotz DO NOT separate, Supertechniplate protects the same as 927 & Klotz R-50, . So why not get the best of both worlds....A dirty engine isnt a healthy engine as well as a clean engine without the proper lubrication. So why not run with both properties in one oil. JMHO :shrugani:

Edited by 252wheelieking

I run Klotz supertechniplate but what is even funnier is that the Day from that last post was "Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:10 PM"

So some one actually used the search function on the site....... :notworthy: