LIQUID GASKET

old roost

Ok guys, I just recieved the last of my parts last night that i need to put the banshee back together

I can not get ahold of Yama bond with out ordering it and waiting. I spoke to the Motorcycle shop that are going to do the machine work. They had some kind of manufacture liquid gasket that cost $90 a tube (small at that). I asked if I could use the very high temp RTV sealent and the head mechanic said that would work on the case halves

Has any one ever used that.....before I blow a gasket...........

Edited by old roost

use threebond 1104 (old #) or 1194 (new #). its only $6 bucks a tube and the correct stuff......not to mention that its readily available at most any motorsports shop. i hate using any type of rtv silicone stuff for case sealer and such. IMO, that stuff sucks and doesn't last.

Edited by mopar1rules

Use the right stuff that is made for case halfs. Three bond, yamabond, moto seal. The case halfs are a machined fit. That is why yamabond is thin and runny it allows the cases to fit together properly. Rtv is thick and could cause loose clearances between the cases and crank bearings.Why do you think yamaha doesn't use a gasket?

Rtv doesn't hold up to fuel. Gasoline breaks it down.

use threebond 1104 (old #) or 1194 (new #). its only $6 bucks a tube and the correct stuff......not to mention that its readily available at most any motorsports shop. i hate using any type of rtv silicone stuff for case sealer and such. IMO, that stuff sucks and doesn't last.

I will try that thanks for your help

I use this stuff, can get it at Murray's/Orileys, Auto Zone, Pep Boys.

It's a semi-drying liquid gasket, exactly what yamabond, hondabond or threebond is.

This works fine....and is readily available.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/72/12556/ITEM/Permatex-MotoSeal.aspx?SiteID=CSE_GBase_072&WT.mc_ID=80003&zmam=88421133&zmas=1&zmac=2&zmap=12556

I use this stuff, can get it at Murray's/Orileys, Auto Zone, Pep Boys.

It's a semi-drying liquid gasket, exactly what yamabond, hondabond or threebond is.

This works fine....and is readily available.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/72/12556/ITEM/Permatex-MotoSeal.aspx?SiteID=CSE_GBase_072&WT.mc_ID=80003&zmam=88421133&zmas=1&zmac=2&zmap=12556

Exact thing i was looking for Thanks for your response.....and everyone else also.