No spark, HELP

333bbb333

Sorry if this is worded a bit weird, I dont know the best way to explain this, but I am trying to get this thing running and cannot get spark, I have tested stator and switches and all are reading correct, but still no spark. I tried testing the wires coming from the run stop switch (black in connector and Black/White thats separate from the multi-connection), they were good, But when I tested the wiring harness on the opposite connecting side going to the cdi, the black wire in the harness and the Black/White that is separate dont read anything, I get a reading when I go from black to a ground location. I disconnected the cdi and tested opposite ends of the black/white wire to see if it had a break in it, but it read good. Could this be a bad cdi or are these not supposed to have a reading like its connecting wires coming from the switch side.

The only other issue I found was I could not get a reading from the secondary leads on the ignition coil, but when the bike broke down it was working fine, it just threw a rod.I was getting a good reading from the primary leads though. So I am lost on why I cant get any spark, and tired of spending money on unnecessary parts, any help would be appreciated.

This stuff can be frustrating. The only thing I can offer (other than the free bump) is to swap out the CDI with a known working one. Hopefully you know someone with a Banshee?

Thanks, but unfortunately no one I know around my area has a banshee, Ill just try everything else first and then break down and get a new cdi if all else fails.

Sorry if this is worded a bit weird, I dont know the best way to explain this, but I am trying to get this thing running and cannot get spark, I have tested stator and switches and all are reading correct, but still no spark. I tried testing the wires coming from the run stop switch (black in connector and Black/White thats separate from the multi-connection), they were good, But when I tested the wiring harness on the opposite connecting side going to the cdi, the black wire in the harness and the Black/White that is separate dont read anything, I get a reading when I go from black to a ground location. I disconnected the cdi and tested opposite ends of the black/white wire to see if it had a break in it, but it read good. Could this be a bad cdi or are these not supposed to have a reading like its connecting wires coming from the switch side.

The only other issue I found was I could not get a reading from the secondary leads on the ignition coil, but when the bike broke down it was working fine, it just threw a rod.I was getting a good reading from the primary leads though. So I am lost on why I cant get any spark, and tired of spending money on unnecessary parts, any help would be appreciated.

Cheked the pickup coil gap to the flywheel?? Fixed my spark prob.

Secondary test of the coil is from boot to boot, not like the manual says. Ohm the stator while you're at it.

I have tested boot to boot and pulled the boots off and gone right to wires, got no reading. I just put a new ignition coil on and still no spark. I am getting a good reading on the stator and pick up. Im starting to think its either my flywheel or cdi

If the black touches the black/white you will have no spark,its grounding the cdi.Your key switch should be a red to a black

I have the red to black, just through the switch side not harness side, the switch side is black and black/white but they are the connects for the red and black on the harness side. Its hooked up the same way as it was when it was running so I know thats right.

I had a similar problem, I tested everything and it tested good. I swapped flywheels with a buddy and it still wouldn't spark. I then swapped the CDI and that was the problem. You cant test it, you just have to try a different one that you know works. Some of the years have different connections so you have to check which one you have.