Handle bar Key/ingnition switch relocate

jjn56

I have a LTZ 400 that has oneal handlebars that I want to trade out onto my Banshee. To do this the key switch will have to move or be bypassed. I would appreciate any comments on where you have put the key switch before or if you just bypass it altogether. thanks

I have a LTZ 400 that has oneal handlebars that I want to trade out onto my Banshee. To do this the key switch will have to move or be bypassed. I would appreciate any comments on where you have put the key switch before or if you just bypass it altogether. thanks

you can relocate it in the trash... that is the easiestbiggrin.gif or you can buy a relocation bracket that moves it under your seat... if you SEARCH you will find all the answers here at the hq...

you can relocate it in the trash... that is the easiestbiggrin.gif or you can buy a relocation bracket that moves it under your seat... if you SEARCH you will find all the answers here at the hq...

Did search found nothing, I'm sure its been covered just didn't find it, this aint my first forum rodeo. :D If I just take it off and get ride of it do I need to splice together the wires. Thanks for the advice.

send 87sheerips a pm, he makes them outta aluminum,,,nicer than plastic

i'm a big fan of just getting rid of it but if you insist on keeping it you can do the under seat set up or you can do what i did for a buddy who insisted on keeping it, i bent up a piece of polished aluminum and re-located it to the right side inside of one of the holes in the tank shroud. aluminum bolted to the right side pipe mount and ran up under the tank shroud with a hole for the key...

just an idea...

why bother, the key is useless anyways.

if someone is going to steal it, just unplug the key in the front, put a jumper wire in there and ride it, no key needed takes about 2 min or less to do.

my key switch died, and I did that and rode it for a year like that, just put a new switch in, because it makes me feel better knowing it is now theft proof...HAHA.....