Tire Reccomendation

Valin

Guys, I am about to start a ground up build on a Shee that I just picked up. I haven't owned a shee for quite a few years, so I'm a bit out of the game when it comes to tires.

I am looking for a tire that is good on hard packed gravel roads, and relatively fine sand for climbing in gravel pits, etc. What do you guys recommend?

Guys, I am about to start a ground up build on a Shee that I just picked up. I haven't owned a shee for quite a few years, so I'm a bit out of the game when it comes to tires.

I am looking for a tire that is good on hard packed gravel roads, and relatively fine sand for climbing in gravel pits, etc. What do you guys recommend?

ohtsus for sure......

Maxxis I Razr or Duro Hookups (I razr knock off) I run the hookups on my raptor and they work great. 6 ply radials. I am not recomending them because they last forever. The more agressive the tire the shorter the life. Just like running mud tires on the street.

Rocky mountain is the place to get them from. Free shipping on orders over 100 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

I said screw it and ordered the plain Holeshots. The supplier ended up sending the wrong tires in, so they gave me some Razr 2's for the same price. I paid $245, taxes in, Cdn. for the set of 4. I know they are heavier, but they are a tougher tire, so I'll run 'em. Hopefully they work well.

I said screw it and ordered the plain Holeshots. The supplier ended up sending the wrong tires in, so they gave me some Razr 2's for the same price. I paid $245, taxes in, Cdn. for the set of 4. I know they are heavier, but they are a tougher tire, so I'll run 'em. Hopefully they work well.

try the ohtsus next time,,,you'll be mad you spent the money on the razr's when u do,,,,,,ask loco,,,lol

• 4 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=1042682:date=Aug 16 2009, 09:28 AM:name=Valin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Valin @ Aug 16 2009, 09:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1042682"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Guys, I am about to start a ground up build on a Shee that I just picked up. I haven't owned a shee for quite a few years, so I'm a bit out of the game when it comes to tires.

I am looking for a tire that is good on hard packed gravel roads, and relatively fine sand for climbing in gravel pits, etc. What do you guys recommend?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ohtsus for sure......

I had ohtsu bc they were free and they didn't last and didn't hook all that great. I started with klaws on the back and fast Trekkers on front. Went to ohtsu and felt like a jackass for having honda tires on my bike. Now I have Trekkers again in the front and razrs in the back. Hookin all day and causin injury from roosting rocks like a dirtbike.