Banshee not running

Got an issue where the left side is firing, but the right is just barely going...

It will go a little on idle, but it is barely there. Feeling with my hands, it is just barely shooting exhaust out, but the left is fine.

I am thinking it might be electrical... I didn't try to swap the plug wires to see if it changes to the other side yet... but plan to do so tomorrow. Also plan to do a compression test.

Anything else I should check? I am farely experienced here with these bikes and two strokes as a whole, just really didn't have much time to look at it yet.

The problem was like a light switch. Happened ight before dark last night as I took it out for a quick spin.

It all of a sudden sounded weird... I put my hands back to check the exhaust coming out and the right side was barely there.

Called a buddy to pick me up right there in the truck...

Plan on getting into it tomorrow so hopefully I have a few things to check. Doesn't seem mechanical...

Edited by TeamRealtreeHD

Checked the plug cap wires and switched them. Still did it. Changed plug out, still did it.

Plan on checking for some kind of air leak tomorrow anddo the compression test. Test compression first and go from there.

Any other advice fellas? Thanks

mine did that after i cleand a filthy air cleaner and i think i got a bit of dirt down the carb,so i hit the right carb bowl a few time and it came back.it did eventually do it again so i tapped the bowl again and it hasn't done it since. 4 months ago. couldn't hurt to try

Got it going...

Checked compression right away, clean. Both sides right on at 167-168.

That was a big relief... most know what I mean.

Where to go next? I took the carbs off, and since I haven't been running outerwears on the filters due to not having heat wrap on the pipes, the pilot air screw and a few other circuits weren't as clean as most of us would like lol...

Anyways, both carbs cleaned... everything. Clean as a whitsle. Put it back together, nothing.

What else could it be? I already checked reeds... none cracked... and all the wires were good to go...

I took the intakes back off to double check the reeds, and low and behold, the screws on these fucking VForce 2's backed out... on the right side. Got them torqued down again, and poof, she runs.

I will use these pieces of shit designed reeds for the remainder of the summer, then get the ones without the screws (VForce 3's)

Thanks for all the help and concern guys... need to make more video for this weekend!!!

Got it going...

Checked compression right away, clean. Both sides right on at 167-168.

That was a big relief... most know what I mean.

Where to go next? I took the carbs off, and since I haven't been running outerwears on the filters due to not having heat wrap on the pipes, the pilot air screw and a few other circuits weren't as clean as most of us would like lol...

Anyways, both carbs cleaned... everything. Clean as a whitsle. Put it back together, nothing.

What else could it be? I already checked reeds... none cracked... and all the wires were good to go...

I took the intakes back off to double check the reeds, and low and behold, the screws on these fucking VForce 2's backed out... on the right side. Got them torqued down again, and poof, she runs.

I will use these pieces of shit designed reeds for the remainder of the summer, then get the ones without the screws (VForce 3's)

Thanks for all the help and concern guys... need to make more video for this weekend!!!

wow, things could have got real bad.

Man your lucky I had my vf 2s screws back out on me twice the first time took out one of my piston skirts soon after rebuilt ran fine then one side got weak checked everything but reeds than finally checked reeds come to find out the the screws came loose again and both my reeds were down in side my intake tunnel finally i gave up and put my stock ported cages on with aftermarket carben fiber reeds. and save up until I get afford some vf-3s thats probably y they came out with vf-3s to many complaints about screws coming out.

Man your lucky I had my vf 2s screws back out on me twice the first time took out one of my piston skirts soon after rebuilt ran fine then one side got weak checked everything but reeds than finally checked reeds come to find out the the screws came loose again and both my reeds were down in side my intake tunnel finally i gave up and put my stock ported cages on with aftermarket carben fiber reeds. and save up until I get afford some vf-3s thats probably y they came out with vf-3s to many complaints about screws coming out.