Herr Jugs Racing 4mil Dune Port

hercalmighty

Well I finally really got to push my motor I built over the winter. I ran everthing from fast open trails, to super tight technical stuff, to some hills and to quit a few drags.

All I can say is the thing is flat out awesome. I couldnt be any happier with it.

After some drags races and counting up the victims:

Can Am 800 - Beat it by 10 lenghts

Honda 700x - Beat it by 12 lenghts

Yamaha YZ450F - Beat it by 4 lenghts

FAST Dune port - 6 bike lenghts

Vito's 404 Banshee - Raced twice, 1st was a killing, second had a shitty start so lost

472 T-Rex Banshee - A tire, actually a really good race

In the woods it was keeping up with a well built trail Raptor and a YZ450F with a really good rider.

After beating the hell out of it all weekend in all the rain and mud the thing is just eating it up. If I had some tires and a swinger it would have flew up the hills but the GNCC's just couldnt do it on the slick ass hills. I was worried I wouldnt be able to do the tight trails after all the work but it did great even with a 15 tooth front sprocket.

For a recap of what I have:

HJR 4mil Dune Port

4mil Hot Rods Crank 115 rods

64.5mm 795 series Weisco Pistons

Chariot Head with 23cc 4mil cut domes (pump gas)

Keihins PWK 28's with air box no lid foam Twin Air filter

CPI inframes

FAST heavy duty clutch with 3 HD springs

15/41 gearing

Janessen +2+1 fully adjustable arms

Elka front shocks, preload and compression adjustable with rez

Dominator II rear axle set at +4

GNCC tires all around

Mine is awesome too!!! I swear it's as fast as my fast drag port on methanol.

With the fast drag port currently on gas my HJR duner kills my other bike!! and the other bike has a lighter frame and an override.

It was out in front of a K&T ported 4mil on meth this wknd, a hopped up raptor (piston, kenz ported head, barkers, etc) and the K&T ported bike is about the same or a little quicker than bonbon's 485 cheetah on gas.

I am SUPER impressed with how the thing runs. It truly amazes me for just a dune port, it still has tons of mid range. It will power wheelie in 3rd and 4th on my +4 swinger. I'm actually gonna start looking for a +6 cause it's tricky keeping it down on a hard launch now.

To anyone considering HJR porting you will NOT be disappointed if you can set it up and tune it right!

Awesome guy to work with as well.

There are a lot of builders out there that do great work.

Keeping in mind, a ported motor is ONLY as good as the person setting it up and riding it.

What I like about Kevin is a 2 week turn around time is an actual, 14 calendar day, honest to goodness 14 day turn around time.

He's given me a few pointers, ideas and things to try as well.

Looking forward to riding this weekend and getting it dialed in.

My HJRDune port, stock stroke pulls like no tomorrow. You will not be disappointed. Best mod I have ever made.

my thoughts exactly and kevin is a great guy to deal with on top of that :thumbsup:

• Like 1

kevin is a really great guy.after having a few of his motors i'd will tell you that i have been called a cheater more times then i can think of.had one of his 4mil drag port on a set of stockers and was always at top every race with it.then had one of his 421cubs which just plan out ripped.needless to say with his motors never had a problem winning in my class with even having one of the smaller motors in the class

Keeping in mind, a ported motor is ONLY as good as the person setting it up and riding it.

+1 set up goes a long way.

When i first got ported all i read was ported banshees spank 4 strokes easy. Then i learned the truth about setup and just as important. Traction.

BTW, next time get some vids!!! :biggrin:

Edited by RagunCajun

kevin is a really great guy.after having a few of his motors i'd will tell you that i have been called a cheater more times then i can think of.had one of his 4mil drag port on a set of stockers and was always at top every race with it.then had one of his 421cubs which just plan out ripped.needless to say with his motors never had a problem winning in my class with even having one of the smaller motors in the class

my 4mm duner from kevin huals ass. iming thinking about having him do my 421 i have for a duner motor also.

Glad you are having fun with it. The key is to set the port job up to what the rider wants. Dune port is generic. It really is custom to what you wanted. Next is to be able to tune the motor and set the suspension up for your taste. Looks like your well on your way.

Cheers Kevin

The Mad Scientist did my 421 cub...

Butch (00tbanshee) can attest to how it runs. Very similar to his, but mine was "custom made" like Kevin describes he does to my liking.

Let me tell you, I told him what I wanted, and he did it. I was told by 99.9% of people that the type of riding I do, a cub cannot, or cannot be made, to be the ideal setup.

Kevin prooved all the doubters wrong, and made my motor one sick death wish of a machine. If I do grow the set and want more, he will give the motor another wakeup. I guarantee it. As with anyone else's. He is a step ahead and for good reason.

Yes, tuning means alot. But you have to tune anything. Stock, piped, ported, cub, doesn't matter. Tune it and hold on.

Kevin will have my motors from here on out. He treats me good, always likes to shoot the bull about the motor, and never makes me feel like he doesn't have the time. He's flat out a good guy to deal with.

Ship a motor with confidence. Tell him what you want, and get what you want. Have no doubts.

The Mad Scientist did my 421 cub...

Butch (00tbanshee) can attest to how it runs. Very similar to his, but mine was "custom made" like Kevin describes he does to my liking.

Let me tell you, I told him what I wanted, and he did it. I was told by 99.9% of people that the type of riding I do, a cub cannot, or cannot be made, to be the ideal setup.

Kevin prooved all the doubters wrong, and made my motor one sick death wish of a machine. If I do grow the set and want more, he will give the motor another wakeup. I guarantee it. As with anyone else's. He is a step ahead and for good reason.

Yes, tuning means alot. But you have to tune anything. Stock, piped, ported, cub, doesn't matter. Tune it and hold on.

Kevin will have my motors from here on out. He treats me good, always likes to shoot the bull about the motor, and never makes me feel like he doesn't have the time. He's flat out a good guy to deal with.

Ship a motor with confidence. Tell him what you want, and get what you want. Have no doubts.

x2 on those words! :thumbsup: My turn around time was only a week."can't beat that".