BOGGING HARD AT HIGH SPEEDS

First I have a Trinity intake with a single 35PWK with the airbox adaptor plate on the airbox a single uni filter and the lid on. I tried pulling the lid off and running it on straight country roads 1-5 (try for 6 but no go youll see why below) for more airflow to see if it would help my boggy case out and it made little to no diffrence.

I can ride fine and fast 1-3 and shee runs great. but when I get into fast sections that call for 4th and above shee gets real boggy when I hit a cirten speed. usualy halfway through 4th or rite at 5th. brappp braaaaaaaaapppppp braaaaaaaaaaaaaaapp braaaaaaaaaappppppppbummbummmm dead. I have to let the throttle out and hold it quarter of the way in at 4th for it to steady run. Im thinking, Hopeing actualy, that Im just to rich on the main being a 195 (Winter jetting in the first place) rite now so Ill move down to a 190 and hope that does the trick.

Im no jetting genious by any means and I dont want to mess with the needel jet its rite in the middle 3rd clip and its been fine up untill now.

My Fasst Flexxx bars are officaly in at my guys shop and ready to be instaled for Memorial day weekend. I dont want this problem to continue so any tips, suguestions, would really help me out.

Thanks in Advance

Washburn

i had them same problem on my 250r i dont know if yours will have the same solution but it turned out i was running lean and it had burnt a section off of my piston(so i was running on rings only at one point) so when i hit the hire rpms of 4-5 gear the rings would buckle or do something but compression died and that was the result so maybe check your pistons ? they could be jsut worn out rather then being lean depending on when u replaced them last

Edited by xTHUNDERCATx

My Banshee is doing the same thing. I am pretty sure it is running lean. If it were me I would bump up the main and hopefully that will help. Did you check your plugs?

WOW! Thanks guys! I was thinking it was rich because of the heat comming off the motor,head, and pipes and my plugs look too dark. But now that you guys mention it I probably am or definatly could be running lean, and Ill bump up the maiin to a 200 and go from there. Cant hurt thats for sure.

Yeah and I did run 2 tank fulls out of her while shee was running this way so I may well have done damage. I look at it this way though its an 03 and its on its stock bore stock ports. Everything inside the engine is virgin. So it is about that time mabey to bore it .10 over and get some wesico pro lites in there and mabey just mabey do my 4 mil lowend GNCC Port. I have the PT Mids to match. I might put them on to switch up from my TR6s this weekend.

Keep the information comming, anything you can think of write down and I/we (thats why I love this board) will go over the answers.

Thank you all,

Neil AKA Washburn

Anymore tips guys? I wont have access to a PC when I get up there. I already have a 195, 200 and 210 on hold should I look into anything else? As soon as I up the main jet Im just gonna run it, hope it runs well and if it does not worry about looking into the motor. Or should I mabey take the head off and look at the tops of the pistons? Anything else anyone can think of that I should check? Anything?

Thanks again

Neil

check your float level maybe even set it a tad on the high side you may be running the bowl out of fuel. I have had that problem with dual carbs on a long steep hill with a single you have cut your capacity in half. I am not sure if you can buy a larger needle and seat for those to increase the flow or not. just another option to check if you run out of other ones.

Well I just put my cpi's on last week and had a couple chances to get it out. The last time I hit it kinda hard through the gears and hit 6th and 2-3 seconds later just went flat. The bike ran damn good up to that, kind of the 1st thing I thought, but havn't had a chance to play with the jetting. Switched from the t5's and it never done it never done it with those on it, doesn't that sound rich though, thought the cpi's would need more fuel.

I was wondering if he could be running dry, wasn't sure how hard he was running it up to 4th when it starts bogging.

As hard and as fast as the motor lets me. If Im on the throttle I dont let up Im always in high rpms and if I hit a straight away its reving from there as hard as it can.

My guy said again on the phone he thinks its still rich. He knows my jetting though and you guys dont. Ive been running a 190 main in the hotter season and a 195 in the colder season, More I think of it I dident switch back to a 190 Im still running my winter jetting. So atleast if its running rich and only at high speeds Im thinking I dident harm anything and Im fine. I have a huge ride/race day on saturday then my girl and a few of her friends are comming up on sunday till monday and the Banshee MUST RUN!