Tire PSI Comparison

Good stuff. Off to the shop to let the air out of my tires.

well thats a great idea ive been running my tires like that for years,heres the only draw back i can tell from it.run the bike on pavement at 6psi and run them at 3psi and you will notice the difference in drag that the low air pressure creates.so if your on dirt or what ever,you need to find the happy medium between traction and air pressure to go the fastest.try it you'll see what i'm talking about,you can feel the drag but great traction.

well thats a great idea ive been running my tires like that for years,heres the only draw back i can tell from it.run the bike on pavement at 6psi and run them at 3psi and you will notice the difference in drag that the low air pressure creates.so if your on dirt or what ever,you need to find the happy medium between traction and air pressure to go the fastest.try it you'll see what i'm talking about,you can feel the drag but great traction.

absolutely there will be a difference on pavement, but thats to be expected. dirt, sand and pavement all hook up very differently.

if i were running mainly pavement, say to a riding spot or something, i might opt for 4 PSI instead of 2 or 3.

i cant think of very many instances though where 6 PSI is needed.

there have been times at hillclimbs that ive actually had to put some air back in the tires because it was so tacky, too much traction was a real possibility.

as you play with tire PSI, gearing and tires more and more you start to gather info about what works and why..

i rip the bead on my tires all the time. the same day before my motor went south i riped a set of holeshots and like 6 months before that knarleys. i had them both at 4 psi. and im only 135 so not much force on the ground. but thats why i have my beadies so a short drive home swap out and i was good to go all day.

i rip the bead on my tires all the time. the same day before my motor went south i riped a set of holeshots and like 6 months before that knarleys. i had them both at 4 psi. and im only 135 so not much force on the ground. but thats why i have my beadies so a short drive home swap out and i was good to go all day.

i really didnt understand much of what you just said. retype so we know what youre saying.

Tire pressure is SUPER important for sure! Good write up..

Obviously it depends on the moisture content but I tend to run my paddles between 2-4 psi..

Here is a pic if you look close you can see the "rotational flex"..

RIPPENUP-4.jpg

RIPPEN

Tire pressure is SUPER important for sure! Good write up..

Obviously it depends on the moisture content but I tend to run my paddles between 2-4 psi..

Here is a pic if you look close you can see the "rotational flex"..

RIPPEN

Your a badass Jamie. lol, I run 3 psi on my LTR on trails, 2 on sand. My banshee only sees sand, it sticks at 2 psi aswell.

Good post Tyler... a good air pressure gauge that reads clearly is key as well. Side to side tire pressure difference is much more pronounced in how straight you launch when down at these low pressures.

Good post Tyler... a good air pressure gauge that reads clearly is key as well. Side to side tire pressure difference is much more pronounced in how straight you launch when down at these low pressures.

absolutely. if youre running 1 PSI in one side and 2 in the other, it will most definitely make a difference coming off the line. the bike will want to pull in the direction opposite of the tire with the lower PSI.