Need some expert opinions, help me out guys

Joey

The likes and dislikes of each bike are endless b/c they are so different. To me that Shee is over priced and the 450 is under priced. The 450 is ready to roll for trails and is current in technology, and mechanical advances. Side x Side, "that Shee" can not compare to the 450. NOW we all know it can be moded all day and made into a better bike. But that is more money, time and knowledge.

If it was me, I would take 5k and buy one of these $10k heavily modded Shee's floating around from someone that is hurting and needing it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The likes and dislikes of each bike are endless b/c they are so different. To me that Shee is over priced and the 450 is under priced. The 450 is ready to roll for trails and is current in technology, and mechanical advances. Side x Side, "that Shee" can not compare to the 450. NOW we all know it can be moded all day and made into a better bike. But that is more money, time and knowledge.

If it was me, I would take 5k and buy one of these $10k heavily modded Shee's floating around from someone that is hurting and needing it.

Well I do not have $5000 cash on me so that's a no go. I am financing some (to help build up my credit) and paying cash for some of it. I just talked to the manager at teh dealer and he is pulling one of teh YFZs to the side for me so I can get it on saturday. After I buy mien they will only have 1 left at the low price.

Like I said before I know the Shee ahs a shit ton of potential but I really dont wanna build up a bike. I just wanna hop on and go. Most of my money gets dumped into my truck.

i think youre doing the right thing.. get the 450. i have both, a banshee and 450.. the banshee serves its purpose, but the 450 is really more versatile with less money needed to make it run good.

if i could only have one, and i didnt hillclimb competitively, i would go for the 450 no doubt.

i think youre doing the right thing.. get the 450. i have both, a banshee and 450.. the banshee serves its purpose, but the 450 is really more versatile with less money needed to make it run good.

if i could only have one, and i didnt hillclimb competitively, i would go for the 450 no doubt.

Thanks, makes me feel better about my decision. Its tough to pass on a banshee but tougher to pass on the 450

When I posted I didn't realize it was going to be $2900 for the 'shee. I suppose if you want something to hop on and ride, you will be happier with the 450. That does seem overpriced for a Banshee too, I paid $1300 for my 2001 with a brand new top end, and works shocks up front. Anyhow good luck with the new quad!

When I posted I didn't realize it was going to be $2900 for the 'shee. I suppose if you want something to hop on and ride, you will be happier with the 450. That does seem overpriced for a Banshee too, I paid $1300 for my 2001 with a brand new top end, and works shocks up front. Anyhow good luck with the new quad!

Thanks man

I appreciate all the info and opinions

you really did a good thing.. the more i have my banshee the more im starting to like those 4 strokes.. they are just so new.. the banshee is fast sure.. but its an old model and outdated.. bah.. yeah, 4 strokes are all newer etc.. you did a good thing.

and its much much better to have brand new, thats really a good price.

you paid $1800 more, for a quad which is much better, and 8 years newer, ad BRAND new.

you really did a good thing.. the more i have my banshee the more im starting to like those 4 strokes.. they are just so new.. the banshee is fast sure.. but its an old model and outdated.. bah.. yeah, 4 strokes are all newer etc.. you did a good thing.

you paid $1800 more, for a quad which is much better, and 8 years newer, ad BRAND new.

thanks, that is basically how i look at it. I am going to pick it up this saturday. Leaving at 5a.m. to be there as soon as they open.

thanks, that is basically how i look at it. I am going to pick it up this saturday. Leaving at 5a.m. to be there as soon as they open.

IDK. i would have went wiht the banshee. aint nothing liek the filling of a 2 stroke.

2Strokes are all for fun. head to head in a race a banshee wins. but the 450 is for alot mroe stuff like woods and mx. banshee can do that to but it was meant for racign and hill climbing.

IM never gonna be unhappy wiht my purcahse on my banshee.

that price for the banshee is way high. they are a dime a dozen these days. no sense spending that kinda money on a stock one. for another grand you can almost buy a fully setup drag bike.

Yes i agree. i bought mine for 1500. im saying if the price would have been lower, the banshee woudl of been a heck of a better deal.

hey bud, you made the right choice on the 450. that's a steal for a new ride out the door. personally i like the banshees better, but that's too good of a deal to pass up on a great machine. :thumbsup:

I don't know about this thread by the sounds of it most ppl on this site should join yfz central or are on the verge of joining?

I am not sure what it is but i love my shee, every time i ride with my buddies on there raptor 700's and 660's, yfz'z ltr'z kfx's and 1 ds i just have a chuckle at how damn shitty they sound and perform for the money they paid...... and have into those things. i don't know maybe its just me but the four stroke craze is just promotional performance beat into peoples heads by advertising and hype not one stock 4 stroke i have ridden has lived up to its hype.

Is this just me ? and if it is then i will live in my dream world ... because its nice here the air smells of glorious race fuel and 2 stroke!!!