is it to expensive for port and bore

theantboy

sounds about right,, BUT be warned!!! many guys make the mistake of having a non reputable shop port there cylinders,, for the price you are paying send them to a builder, such as HJR, F.A.S.T, passion, etc.. not to a local machine shop.. you may be waisting your time and money, and not to mention having your cylinders ruined by someone cutting the ports up the wrong way.. not just anyone can port 2 stroe cylinders.. it is an art and takes someone with the knowledge to do them the RIGHT way.. so go get your juggs back and call around some well known builders.. this way you know it is gonna be done right, and that you get the power delivery that you want from your banshee

I too am in Michigan, and I chose to send my entire motor all the way to HJR so I could have Kevin build it. (It's on it's way back now, and I am going nuts!) It only cost about $90 to ship the whole thing, which was about 85lbs. So far it has been WELL worth it, and I can only imagine that I will be even more satisfied once I get it up and running.

By the way, what shop in MI were you looking at?